Agent Fawkes

Early the next morning, instead of going to work. Nick went straight to Judy's apartment. Having a feeling something was wrong. Being that Judy didn't answer his phone calls or text messages for almost two days.
She always answered.
Nick would've usually have gone to the ZPD and waited for Judy there. But because she was on leave from her pregnancy scare, she would've been at her apartment.
Nick was in full uniform, ballistic vest and all when he reached her apartment door.
Judy's apartment gave Nick a happy feeling when he saw it. The words Judy's pad above it in fun letters always made for a good joke.
But when he reached the door, there was a letter taped to it. Nick frowned and pulled the letter off.
On the front, it said 'Too whom it may concern." And it also said Nick in parenthesis. Judy must've known she would be gone for a while to actually leave a note.
Once Nick opened the envelope, the letter read;

ɴɪᴄᴋ,

     ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʜᴏsᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ʙᴜɴɴʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴍ. ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ. ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ. ɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ʏᴇᴛ. ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs.....ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴀʟ ɪᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ.

      sɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇʟʏ,
                      ᴊ. ʜᴏᴘᴘs.

Well that was odd. If it was a letter just for Nick. Why didn't she just send it to him?
That question crossed Nicks mind only for a second before he gasped and accidentally crumbled the paper in his paws tightly.
Judy had been gone for two days. And she had to of written the letter before she left. So it's been much longer than twenty four hours. He had a gut feeling it was Jack's house. Based on the letter.
But a better question was. Why did she ask him to go with her? Of course something would go wrong! Nick always had to help Judy out of sticky situations.
But mainly. It was Judy helping Nick.

Nick reached up to Judy's small sign above her door and placed his paw behind it, grabbing her spare key. He then didn't even care if anyone was looking. He just quickly opened her door, accidentally slamming it against the wall at how hard of a force it took for him to open the door.
He was about to start frantically searching for clues, but he got cut off by one of Judy's neighbors.
"Hey! Keep it down over there! I'm trying to sleep!" One exclaimed. He then proceeded to blast heavy metal music through the wall, vibrating the apartments weak walls.
Nick looked around her apartment. But the only thing he found out was that Judy had taken her uniform before she left. She most likely wore it there.
Nick searched and searched for hours before giving up. He then realized he was late for work. Very late.

Nick quickly got into his car and sped to the ZPD. Once he arrived he rushed through the front doors of the ZPD, and Chief Bogo quickly caught his attention. And visa versa.
"WILDE." Chief Bogo exclaimed from the top railing.
Nick hesitated but looked up at the chief.
Chief pointed towards his office. Not saying a word.

When Nick entered Chief Bogo's office. He sat on one of the two chairs in front of his desk.
"Sir. I can –"
"Why were you late?" Bogo sneered, cutting off Nick easily.
"I was checking up on Officer Hopps because she hasn't answered my calls and I wan–"
"She's on leave. This is the second time she's went on leave this year. She's fine. You don't need to check on her. She's not a child, Wilde." Nicks eyes widened a bit.
"Sir. Please. I....I just wanted to make sure she's okay. She's my partner and I–"
"You had also mentioned to one of our other officers you two were engaged. Am I correct?" Bogo asked with an unimpressed look.
Nick hesitated, but nodded.
"Well thank you. Because now I have a better reason to give you both different partners."
Nicks eyes widened again and his ears perked up.
"What? No! Sir. Please. Listen to me. We can still work together just fine. Our relationship doesn't interfere at all. And-and can you give us a chance? Just once? And Officer Hopps—" Nick cut himself off by gasping.
"Officer Hopps went to Agent Savages estate to settle things and she's been gone for almost two days." He said as he stood up off the chair.
"I'm worried somethings happened to her. And it's my job as her partner, and NOT her fiancé to find her safely. If I can find her. Can we stay partners?" Nick asked, but deep down, now only wanting a reason to exit Bogo's office as quickly as possible.
Chief Bogo was taken a bit off guard, but didn't believe Nick at all about his story of Judy going to Jacks.
Why on earth would she do that?
"Fine. If you can find her unharmed. You're welcome to be partners. You can also get a raise." Chief joked, "But first, before you go. Agent Fawkes is waiting for you at the east entrance at the building. Now get out." Chief Bogo scoffed as he looked down at his paperwork.
Nick nodded quickly, a smile on his face. Taking everything all to literally.
"Thank you, sir! I'll get her!" Nick exclaimed before quickly exiting the room. He then remembered what Bogo said about the east entrance.
Who was Agent Fawkes? Why was she waiting for Nick?

Nick took his luck a proudly walked to the east entrance, but he froze at the sight of Agent Fawkes.
She was, well, she was a vixen.
And Nick was quickly taken off guard.
Agent Fawkes didn't even hesitate to approached Nick.
"Scarlet Fawkes. Agent for the FBI. And are you the infamous Officer Wilde I'm suppose to meet here four hours ago?" Agent Fawkes asked with a small smirk as she held out her hand for Nick to shake. In her other hand, and arm, was a very large folder, a lot like a brief case.
Nick tried his best to not make eye contact with the vixen. Knowing that if he did. He'd get glued to her.
He hesitantly shook her hand.
"Officer Nicholas Wilde. Yes. Infamous, not yet. And sorry about that....." He said with a short, nervous chuckle.
Agent Fawkes smiled softly.
"A pleasure to meet you." She said softly.
"You too...." Nick said as he placed his hands in his pockets.
"S-so why did Chief ask you to come here? I mean. We already have a few more Agents in Zootopia than needed." Nick murmured under his breath.
Fawkes tilted her head a bit.
"Now. Officer Wilde. I am an agent. But Ive been assigned here to assist you while your current partner is out. Officer Hopps. Correct?" She asked.
Nick nodded hesitantly.
"Yep. That's her. Now. If you don't mind. I was actually going to go and try and find her at Agent–"
"Agent Savage? Yes. I know about that. Everybody at the agency, and I assume the ZPD already knows. Hmm?" She asked with a smug grin.
Nicks ears flattened.
"Yes. They do." Nick frowned. "But what they don't know. We're also engaged." Nick said briefly.
Fawkes gasped quietly.
"You're an interspecies couple?" She whispered with a worried tone.
Nick tilted his head a bit this time. What was the big deal?
"Yes. We are? And?" Nick asked as his frown only got bigger.
Fawkes stood straight up.
"Well......call me Scarlet." She said as she began to walk back towards the east entrance, motioning for Nick to follow her.
"Alright. Scarlet. Well I'm going to go find my partner—"
"I know where Agent Savages estate is. Without me. You'd get nowhere." She smirked.
"Now. Let's get going. We don't wanna keep that fiancée of yours waiting." Fawkes stated in a peculiar way as her, and Nick exited the ZPD.

After almost every word she spoke. Nick nodded. This was bad.
He was already getting distracted.

Agent Fawkes and Nick sat in her car in the parking lot of the ZPD as Agent Fawkes had begun to type aggressively on her laptop, not even bothering to start the car.
"Agent Fawkes? We should be going now." Nick suggested as he adjusted his seatbelt in the passenger seat.
Fawkes sighed and shut her laptop before carefully reaching back and placing it on the backseats.
"Officer Wilde....." she said softly.
"Yes?" Nicks ears perked up.
"Officer Hopps. What is she? A Rabbit? A jackrabbit?" Fawkes asked with irritation in her tone.
Nick tilted his head.
"A-a jackrabbit? I think she's a rabbit...." he murmured. "But I don't know what a jackrabbit is. Is that some stupid nickname you gave her since she's with Agent Savage?" Nick scoffed, his teeth baring from anger.
Fawkes rolled her eyes carelessly as she started her car.
"Officer Wilde. A jackrabbit is a hare. A rabbit is a bunny. They're basically the same thing. But a hare is a little bigger. Now is she–"
"Oh she's a rabbit then." Nick replied quickly, cutting Fawkes off.
Fawkes opened her mouth to speak, but got cut off by Nick again.
"She's a rabbit. Not big enough to be the other. In lots of places." He said before his ears flattened and he quickly realized what he had said.
"I can't agree to disagree, Officer Wilde." Fawkes replied with a smug grin as she pulled out of the ZPD parking lot.