Fall of Destiny: Day Three

The next day was upon them as the plan inched forward.  The idea was simple but the implication was difficult.  He didn’t want to talk to Melody ever again.  Even if it was to distract her long enough to let Destiny talk to her squad again.

            His stomach was in knots as he approached her.  Various scenarios entered his head as he drew closer.  Lowery’s chestnut eyes peered around the corner to see the scene.  He could see her lips were locked upon the tall boy’s for a long while.  Lowery felt sorry for the jock since he had endured the same torture four years ago.

            It was disgusting to see the two embrace in such a way in such a public spot.  “If the pictures could see this they’d vomit,” he whispered somberly to himself.  The trophy section wasn’t the best spot to make out at but they didn’t care as they kisses continued.

            And when the horrid sight was done the jock walked by.  Lowery ducked into the stalls and prayed he wouldn’t enter as well.  Once the coast was finally clear he exited and saw Melody primping after the pure carnal from earlier had ruined her makeup.  He chuckled as he waited for her to be done.

            Whilst he waited he thought of Kit again.  The tower haunted his dreams the other night, and he had to have a solution to the question posed inside of his head.  He hated not knowing, but at least Anna was keeping a watchful eye on her so that mystery would be solved in due time.

            There was no notification that Kit was near, so with fast fingers he fired a text to Destiny before he left the protection of the corner near the stalls.  And as he drew near Melody’s gaze locked onto Lowery which allowed Destiny to sneak into the gymnasium undetected.

            He was nervous and his hands shook.  He didn’t like this section of the plan at all, and once he drew close enough to where she was proceeded to attack.  The slap came across his face fast and hard forcing him to gasp.

            “I thought I said we’d never see each other again,” she sprayed wet saliva all over blazer.  “You’re scum,” she continued. “So leave my sight now or else I’ll call my boyfriend to kick your scrawny ass.”

            He smirked before wiping the saliva off of his coat with his handkerchief.  “I’d love to see that Neanderthal try, but alas I’m not here for that.  I’m here to talk.”

            “About what,” she furiously sprayed.

            Again he wiped the fluids from his blazer and he hated doing so.  “It’s about you, Kit, Destiny, and me,” he sighed.

            “Well then go on?”

            “Why’d you do it,” he vaguely asked.

            “She was in the way,” she exclaimed.  “She’s always been in the way.”

            He couldn’t argue with her on that point.  Destiny was a constant pain in his side, nevertheless this was still his job and he had to see it through to the end.  He refused to defend her and stayed utterly silent until Melody was finished with her rant about Destiny.

            “So where does Kit fit into this picture?”

            She was astonished by this revelation and giggled before answering.  “The mighty J.C. doesn’t know?  Well isn’t that a shocker.  You pride yourself on your data and results so much, that there’s finally something you don’t know.”

            His temper began to flare and he groaned, “There’s a reason we didn’t work out.  And it’s because you’re too much a bitch to ever notice the obvious!”