Chapter 5 - Unexpected Discovery

"Looks like it's a false alarm. I don't see any demon. Just Rayea in a lip lock with the actor boy." 

I stopped dead in my tracks by the couch when I heard Michael's voice. Great. What was this? Grand Central Station? I glanced down the hall where the bedrooms were and saw the archangel grinning at me while he leaned against the wall, talking on his phone. As he ended the call and walked into the living room, the morning sunlight filtered in through the curtains, highlighting his golden hair and tanned face. His faded blue jeans were sculpted around his brawny legs and his white shirt accentuated every chiseled chest muscle he had. I'd forgotten how tall he was. His impressive height filled the room. 

Where is the House of G logo? It's not on his shirt. 

"You've got some nerve, buddy!" 

"Me?" Michael laughed. His bulging chest muscles slightly bounced as he laughed. It was rather odd to witness, yet fascinating too. I ignored it. 

"I'm busy here. Thank you. Go away," I demanded. 

"You're about to eat Mr. Hollywood there or worse," Michael shook his head. "We can't have that, Rayea." 

"No, I wasn't!" I squeaked like a field mouse, exasperated with this hall monitor. 

"Really?" Raising his hand, Michael stopped in front of the glass coffee table. Closing his eyes and inhaling very slowly, he lifted his nose to the ceiling. He grimaced and displayed a set of fangs. "Demon," he said. 

"What the fuck are those, Michael?" I asked pointing at his face, shocked. 

"I shouldn't have done that. It's still so new. Sorry." Immediately he retracted his fangs and retreated to the couch. He looked around the spacious living area a few times likely processing a series of thoughts including - oh I don't know - how he became a vampire for example, or how he was going to explain it to me. Then stretching out on the couch, he looked over at me and smiled with those ocean-blue eyes of his, making a point to keep his mouth closed. 

I smiled back at him despite the fact that my eyes remained very wide and non-expressive. I simply creased my mouth into a grin. I prayed his fangs were fake and his stunt was one big prank. As he opened up his phone to take notes, I played with a few pillows on the couch, repositioning them. I knew we had to get business out of the way before I could ask Michael what was now on my mind. Angelic vampire? 

"Rayea, sit down. You're making my head hurt." 

"Sure thing. Why don't I do that?" 

He rolled his eyes at me. "We'll get to that in a minute. Who was the demon?" 

"Beelzebub," I answered. 

"What did he want?" 

"He was looking for Father." 

"What did you tell him?" 

"That Father was dead and he shouldn't mess with me. I'd barbeque him." 

He laughed. "Oh really? How did he take that?" 

"Same as you, he didn't believe me." 

"Did you show any of your skills?" 

"My fangs and a few small fire balls. Fire and fangs he called it. That's all." 

"Did you attack him or anything?" 

"Nope," I announced, getting bored with the interrogation and looking over at the kitchen cabinets. "You want some tea?" 

"No, thank you." He waved his hand at me, continuing to type rapidly on the keyboard on his smartphone. Speed typing, vampire style. Well he had that down at least.