Prologue and Chapter 1

The Vampire from Hell (Part 3 - A Vampire on Vacation)

Copyright 2011-2013 Ally Thomas

All Rights Reserved | Cover Design by Cora Graphics

The ebook is also available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Smashwords, Sony, Apple iBooks, and other ebook retailer sites.

Originally published via Smashwords 7/3/12

###

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

This is a work of fiction.  Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously and are not to be construed as real.  Any resemblance to actual events, locals, organizations, or person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

No part of this story’s content may be used by other authors including concepts, characters’ names and characteristics, plot and etc. for profit, publication, or fan fiction unless with written permission by the author.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No section of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval web site or system without the written permission from the author. The author holds all copyright certificates for this book. They are files with the United States Library of Congress.

###

A Foreword by a Voice from the Blood Realm

Many of you know me without my going into elaborate introductions.  But it is rude for me not to introduce myself, isn’t it?

I’m the sassy sidekick.  Sometimes my comments I share through my host come off as frustration, aggravation, or silly one-liners.  They spill forth despite my good intentions.  I want to be my host’s voice of reason.  It doesn’t always play out that way, I know.  Being at the forefront of this female’s mind who has awesome powers in addition to sensational bloodlust wasn’t exactly what I thought I’d get when I volunteered for the exchange.  I constantly struggle to make sense of her day-to-day life.  You’ve heard me say any of the following:

“Grab your popcorn! This is gonna be good!”

“You just sit there, honey. We’ve got this.”

‘”Brilliant idea interrogating this man.”

Who is my host?  Well a vampire, of course.  She’s a daughter of Satan actually.  I’ve been with her since she was turned by her father.  Oh yes, and as she would say, it’s complicated.  Seriously.  I don’t joke about my hosts.

Before we continue, let’s do an exercise.  Don’t worry.  You won’t get messy.  Take the thumb on your right hand and place it on the bottom of your chin, in the middle of your clef right there on the bone.  Then straighten your index and middle fingers and place them on the left or right side of your throat, beneath your ear all the way until your fingers are resting BELOW or BEHIND your jaw bone.  You may have to stretch your neck upwards some.  Think of it as if you’re almost grabbing someone around the throat with one hand.  Just do that (to yourself of course) if it’s easier for you.

Pause for a moment.  Close your eyes if you have to concentrate and wait.  Do you feel that pulse, that rhythm, that beat of life?  If you found the correct spot, you’ll instantly know it.  It makes your heart pound in your chest, rising up, then down, up, then down, and so on.  Maybe your eyes ache a little or your head starts to swim?  Your tummy does a somersault?  No need to be alarmed. You’re safe, unless you faint of course, which would be absurd since I’ve never heard of a human fainting from feeling his own pulse.  I could be wrong though.  I learn something new every day.  Trust me.