Chapter 4

Vote, comment, love me. :)

"If you choose to stay, you'll throw it all away, and I just want to take your innocence." -Halestorm

*Azel's POV*

The pit of anger in my stomach began to grow the closer we got to the doors. I didn't want to see this man my 'mother' called her husband, hell I didn't even know she got married!

I wanted to scream, to punch anything and everything in sight, but I knew it wouldn't help. Here I am, walking with a woman I can't stand, going to meet a man whose marriage had been broken up by the very thing that called me son.

The thought of Serena's father being in my life was to much. The memory of her pushing into my head made me stop in place. I couldn't hold my tongue anymore, this was way to much.

"Is this Serena's dad?" I demanded, glaring at her.

"No, he's yours."

"No he's not. Is this the man whose marriage you broke up?"

"No Azel, I left him. You need to drop that attitude, now."

I couldn't believe it. She has the nerve to tell me to 'drop my attitude' when she just drops this on me? Staying silent as we walked in, I took my seat at the table and looked around the room.

"He should be here any minute."

Inoring her words, I ordered myself a Dr. Pepper when the waiter came around then sat there drinking as my Mom rambled on. I didn't hear a word she said, nor did I care too. I just wanted to leave. To go home, cuddle up to Alistair and make all this go away.

I must have zoned out with my thoughts because I didn't even hear when the man who my mother claimed was my dad sat down. Turning my face to his, I couldn't believe what I saw.

The guy had to be at least, ten years older than my Mom. His hair was a complete mess, sticking out in almost every direction possible, and his deep set brown eyes held a heavy glaze over them. He hadn't shaved in what looked like weeks and the clothes he wore were staind and filthy.

Looking over at my Mom, her face seemed just as confused as mine. After asking him who the hell he was, the man lowered his head and asked for change.

He sounded pitiful, like he hadnt eaten in days. Ignoring my mom's words of protest, I pulled out my wallet and gave the guy 30 dollars for some food. That was the only thing my Mom had done for me while she was gone.

Thanks to her, my bank account always had money in it. Thanking me over and over, the man smiled and said his goodbyes then rushed out of the room. I knew my Mom was mad, and that was part of the reason I did it.

"He's just going to spend it on alcohol or drugs you know."

Just like before, I ignored her words. I didn't want anything to do with her, and if making her mad was the only way for her to see that, then so be it.

After taking another drink of my soda, I looked up and saw another man walking towards us. He was built pretty well, in his mid-thirtys. A clean shaved face smiled at my mother under bright hazel eyes. Short chocolate brown hair flowed from his head, styled neatly and well taken care of. He wore a black suit with dress shoes to match, and a big gold watch on his left wrist.

Pulling up a seat across from my Mom, he stared at me for a few moments, confused as to who I was. Picking up on the hint, my mother smiled and introduced me as her son.

"You didn't tell me you have a kid." He stated narrowing his eyes at her.

His voice was beautiful. Each word that left him sounded as though he was singing in a concert. Any other time I would have been amazed, but now, I was pissed.

"You didn't tell him about me?" I demanded, turning to look at her.

"Surprise!" She yelled, clearly embarssed.

Getting up from my chair, I started for the doors but stopped when my mother pulled me back.

"You said you always wanted a kid, and Azel's a good boy-"

"Well its a wonderful surprise." He smiled, taking her hand.

I wanted to scream. Picking myself up once again, I headed for the doors but stopped when I felt something touch my shoulder. Throwing it off, I kept walking until this time it turned me around.

"Azel, I know I could never replace your real father..."

My body trembled with anger as he began his little speach. He was not about to have this conversation with me, no way in hell. Taking his hand off my shoulder, I expected him to pick up on the hint, but instead he kept talking.

"But if you give me a chance-"

Turning around and walking away, I threw open the doors and began walking out. I didn't know where I was, but I didn't care, I just needed to get away.

Pulling out my phone, I called Alistair and asked him to pick me up. After finding out the streets I was on, I told him what they were and began to wait. He showed up moments later, speeding down the street to where I was.

Rushing out and followed by both Logan and Lloyd, he ran over to where I was and pulled me into his arms, holding me as tightly as he could. After telling him we can't go to my place, we loaded into the car and headed to Lloyd's.

Alistair stayed silent throughout the whole drive, only holding onto my hand, and would smile at me from time to time. He always let me calm down and get my thoughts together whenever I was mad, instead of pestering me for an answer.

Lloyd on the other hand wouldn't shut up. He kept demanding to know what happened, and why I was being so quiet. By the time we arrived at his place, I was in a worse mood than I was before.

Walking inside, Mrs. Stone demanded why we weren't at school. Taking a seat at the table and asking her to do the same, she frowned at me, then agreed.

I began telling them everything, having to stop a number of times to keep myself from yelling, but after a while, I managed to get everything out.

Nobody spoke for quite some time. The only noise that flowed through the air was the sounds of our breathing, releasing everything from our lungs.

Bringing my eyes to each of them, I studied their expressions, taking in each of their looks. Mrs. Stone looked depressed, Logan and Lloyd looked shocked, but Alistair's look suprised me the most.

I couldn't read anything off it at first, but it quickly changed from nothing, to furious. His fist clenched tightly around a glass cup, while his eyes glared down at the table.

His entire body shook with anger, while his breathing became short and rapid. I actually felt scared of him for once. I've seen him angry before, but none of it compared to what sat before me now.

The sound of glass shattering broke the silence that had flowed through the air, sending everyones eyes at Alistair. The cup he was once holding in his hand now laid in pieces on the table. He still gripped the bottom of it with now blood soaked fingers, while his body shook even more.

I could feel myself getting light headed from the sight,though I couldn't understand why. When Alistair got shot, there was way more blood than this, so why was it affecting me so much now?

The room began to spin. Trying to get up and away from the sight, I started falling to the ground, but used the wall to stop myself. I could feel my stomach shaking, causing me to figure out why I felt like I was about to pass out.

I hadn't eaten all day. I could feel his hand on my shoulder, I could hear them all asking if I was okay, but I couldn't find the voice to answer them.

My eyes began to blur, telling me it was over. I knew there was no point in fighting it any longer. Giving in to what threatened to over take me, I turned and caught sight of Alistair one last time, before everything faded away.

Vote, comment, love me. :)