Chapter 15

Vote, comment, love me. :)

"And when Miranda sang, everyone turned away. Used to the noose they obey." -The Mars Volta

**************************************************
I don't usually put these in my books,  but this one is required as it's also personal and I want to warn beforehand. For those that don't want to read the scene or something that could appear to be a trigger for others, I made sure to break off the sections where it happens  with a line of  "*"  this way you can skip to where it's not as bad. Trigger Warning: Rape.
**************************************************

*Logan's POV*

Things were finally getting back to normal for all of us. Seeing Alistair and Azel back together for the last few weeks has been as much of a relief for Lloyd and I, as I'm sure it was for them. With his mom and new stepdad being out of state for a while, he hasn't had to worry about the mandatory visits and has finally been able to relax.

We had all moved back into Azel's place for the time being, at least until they came back. Seeing their smiles again always warmed my heart, but I did feel a sting it jealousy when they said the three words Lloyd still hadn't returned to me. I've been patient like Alistair said to be, but god if it didn't hurt not knowing if he felt the same way I did.

Even now, telling him I loved him as I headed out the door to my part time weekend job at the local club, he simply kissed my lips and told me to be safe driving. I tried to focus on the road as I drove but my thoughts constantly circled back to that. I kept telling myself that I needed to wait until he was ready and accept that, but damn it was hell.

Pulling into the parking lot and walking inside, I listened to the blasting music and headed right for the bar to get my usual soda. I didn't dare mix any alcohol in it, as my boss was very protective about underage drinking after what happened here before. Said some Mute kid ended up doing a lot of drugs and someone was slipping him alcohol.

To be honest, I was just happy to have a job to keep my mind occupied. It may be only on the weekends till no later than midnight, but he would occasionally let me hangout a little after my shift if I wasn't ready to go home yet. As my boss walked out of his office, he raised an eyebrow at me and asked what I was doing here and that I wasn't on the schedule.

Confused, I followed him back and looked only to see he was right, I didn't work till next Friday. Rolling my eyes and getting it mixed up, I asked that since I was already here if I could just stay and work as I needed a distraction from my own mind. I could see the concern on his face as he wanted to ask more questions, but rather than push the issue he said it was fine. Thanking him and walking back to the bar, I grabbed my soda and took a large drink of it before putting it in my usual area near the pool tables and began collecting the empty glasses of the patrons around the dance floor.

As the night progressed more and more people showed up, each of them finishing their drinks quicker and quicker putting me in a rush to collect everything and get them back to where they could be washed. Walking by the bar, I stumbled forward as a sudden impact on my right side of my butt threw me off balance, almost causing me to drop all the glasses I had in my hands.

"I am so sorry!" The guy slurred out, clearly very intoxicated. "You were walking back right as I turned in my chair, I didn't mean to touch you!"

After regaining my balance I took in the guys appearance before his next comment made me question if it was an accident or not.

"You're pretty hot. Wanna pull up next to me and have a drink?"

The guy was huge muscle wise, bigger than both Alistair and myself. A full beard covered his face with well trimmed eyebrows set below an almost completely bald head. His eyes themselves made me uncomfortable. Dull grayish blue, they seemed to have a certain shine to them as he never blinked, awaiting my answer. I felt a knot form in my stomach start to form that quickly made its way to my throat.