Chapter 13

Vote, comment, love me. :)

"So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be in love with all of these vampires." -My Chemical Romance

*Alistair's POV*

I made sure to take my time with each step, drawing out the walk as long as I could to properly collect my thoughts and make sure I was prepared to really tell Azel about my past. Lloyd had already passed me and I asked him to tell my love I would be back in a little bit. After he agreed and handing my back the letter from my grandfather, I watched him walk off into the distance. He deserved to know, but opening up about it was going to be hard, probably one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Turning the corner to my home, I noticed a two police cars parked in front of the house and though confused at first, figured they were here to pick me up for assaulting Azel's new stepdad. A wave of panic overtook me till my phone rang. Pulling it out and checking the caller ID, I noticed it was Lloyd's mother and answered the call.

"I can see you outside the house, please come in. The officers need a statement from you."

Her voice was stern and commanding, but I didn't sense any fear in it which helped me calm down a little. If she was worried, then I know I would be in massive trouble. Ending the call and walking towards the front door, I braced myself for the worst before opening it and stepping inside.

Azel, Mrs. Stone, Lloyd, and Logan all sat at the table while the two officers stood a few feet away. Motioning for me to take a seat, I grabbed the chair closest to Azel and took his hand into mine. The make up he had put on to cover his bruise was completely washed off allowing full view of the dark purple and blue bruise that covered his entire eye. Just seeing it caused my blood to boil once again, but I needed to maintain my cool for now, so with my other hand I simply started running it through Azel's hair.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Hawke?" One of the officers asked, taking a step towards me.

I recognized his voice. He was the one who questioned me the night Azel's dad shot me, then himself. His face seemed heavy with concern, and there was no aggression in his voice allowing me to relax a little bit.

"Not great, if I'm being honest." I replied, my voice a little shaky.

After telling me to relax and asking me to give a statement, he stood there and processed my words for a bit before speaking once again.

"Well, his stepfather agreed to not press charges if Mr. Winters is sent back to his house, but I cannot in good conscious allow that to happen after the multiple assaults that have happened to him. I've spoken with his lawyer Mrs. Stone and she has agreed to let him stay here for his own safety."

I couldn't stop the smile even if I wanted too, and seeing Azel's face light up as the words entered his ears as well causing my heart to jump.

"My partner is contacting the mother at the moment and making her aware that because of her husband attacking her son that she has either the choice to have her husband taken to jail, or let him stay here. With the experience I had with her before hand during your hospital visit, it's not hard for me to imagine which one she'll choose."

The last sentence had so much venom in it. It was clear he didn't like her either, not that anyone in the room would blame him. Turning towards Mrs. Stone he asked her to step outside to continue the conversation in private to work out a few more details. Winking at both Azel and I, she agreed and we all watched silently as they walked out the front door.

Lloyd was the first to break the silence letting out a sigh of relief before checking on Azel and making sure he was okay and giving him a hug, followed shortly by Logan and then myself, all of huddled into one mass trying to show our love for him.

A few more tears started coming from his eyes as he reassured everyone he was doing better and thanking all of us.

"I need to steal Azel away and take him to my room for a bit, guys." I stated pushing them gently off of him.

"Wait, seriously? You're gonna try and have sex with him now?" Logan demanded, anger painted on his face.

"Of course not!" I snapped back. "I need to talk to him about some things."

He looked as though he wanted to say something in protest but fell silent when Lloyd put his hand on his shoulder and said for him to let us go. Though confused at first, he quickly backed off and let me take Azel's hand and lead him to my room. Sitting on the end of the bed, I pulled him into my arms and began to apologize before he cut my words short my pushing his lips to mine.

"You don't need to apologize, Alistair. You needed to calm down, I get it."

Smiling down at him I kissed him once more before pulling my grandfather's note from my pocket and handing it to him. I watched his eyes grow wide as he read over it then gently set it on the bed and asked if I wanted to talk about it. Though hesitant at first, I finally began to speak.

"No, Zel I don't want to talk about it. I need to talk about it. My parents died almost a year ago. That's why I moved here. I used to play piano, and I was good. Really REALLY good. At my old school I had a performance that I begged them to attend, it had been storming extremely badly and I was so selfish that I wanted them to drive to see me perform. They tried and got hit by another vehicle speeding through the wet roads. I was so devastated when they didn't show that when I was driving home from the school I passed by an accident on the way."

I could hear my own voice starting to crack as I began to hold back my tears.

"I didn't stop to help like I would normally have done. I didn't pay attention to the vehicles or anything, I just rushed home to confront them. It wasn't until I pulled up to the house and saw their car missing that I realized what had happened. My grandfather was at the house and wanted to know where my parents were since they left to see my performance. I rushed back towards the accident with him in my car and when we got there I could see the blood on the windows. They were killed on impact."

I couldn't stop the tears from coming as they poured from my eyes. Azel stayed silent, just letting me finish each word, holding me tightly as my body began to shake.

"If I hadn't been so fucking selfish, they would still be alive. My grandfather never wanted them to drive in the storm but they did because I begged them too. He's blamed me every since. He's the one who sent me to come live with Lloyd so he wouldn't have to see me anymore."

Reaching up and wiping some of the tears from my eyes, he didn't say anything, just pushed his lips to mine and held me close. I wasn't sure how long I had been crying, but he never moved, just held me until I had no tears left in me.

"I'm so sorry you went through that, Alistair." Azel stated, his voice heavy with sympathy. "It's not your fault that they're gone though. They just wanted to be there for their son."

I wanted to believe what he was saying and a part of me did, but so much of me denied it as well. Since it happened, since my inaction that day I have never been able to forgive myself.

Lifting me up and pulling my up the bed, he simply held onto me in silence, only our breathing the sound in the room. The sun had finally started to set by the time another voice rang out, this time from Mrs. Stone letting us know dinner was ready and to come and eat.

Shifting in the bed and getting to our feet, Azel pulled me into his arms once again before giving my forehead a kiss.

"Thank you for telling me this, Alistair. I want to help in any way that I can, even if it's just you screaming and crying, I want to be here for you."

Kissing his lips once more, I thanked him for being in my life and watched as the smile stretched across his face before heading out into the dinning room to meet everyone for dinner.

Vote, comment, love me. :)