where are they?

Suzuka and I were to declare war today.

We stood in the middle of one of her empty palace courtyards, surrounded by doors that led to empty, lifeless rooms filled with dust.

Her and I stood where nobody could watch or listen, where nobody cared to go.

"Suzuka, are you sure that this is the only option?" I asked, trying not to display instant heartbreak.

"Jeungri Sung Ahn," She started, sounding almost offended, "do you actually think that I never want to see you again?"

I was speechless.

"Well-" I stuttered, "if I were you, I wouldn't want to see me at all-"

"I'm not you, Jeungri. Of course I want... to see you... you've been such a good frie-... person... to me... I just..." she said inbetween tears, "I just don't know what else to do..."

"How long will this war last, Suzuka? Who's going to win? How will they win? By destroying everything that the other stands for? Suzuka you might get hurt... our soldiers are ruthless I don't want to do this-"

"We have to. I'll be fine."

Both of us knew that she might not be fine, it destroyed us both, but she didn't know that.

After a long moment of silence that I would always cherish, I started speaking.

"Suzuka Nakamoto, I-"

"JEUNGRI SUNG AHN. ROSE DIAMOND." A familiar voice boomed from outside the courtyard.

"Shit." I said under my breath.

It was Jasper.

"Su, hide," I whisper as I push her gently towards an open door that she ran into and hid.

She peeked out of a hole to watch, but you couldn't see her.

"I'm here, Jasper," I spoke slightly louder as Jasper walked into the room with a pissy look on his face.

"That's Commander to you, whether you're King or not." Suddenly his fear of my authority had vanished, which worried me.

What had changed his mind?

He didn't hear us, did he?

"Jeun what the fuck are you doing here? I didn't know today was a meeting day, was it?"

"One, that's King Rose Diamond to you, and two-"

"There is no two!" Jasper screamed. "I can call you whatever the hell I want, whenever the hell I want to, got it?"

"And who gave you the right?" I ask.

Suddenly a glow erupts from his gem and I'm enveloped in fear, tempted to yell and warn Suzuka not to look at what he's about to do to me, then suddenly I let out a shriek.

A manly shriek.

I could hear Suzuka gasp, but that was only because I was listening for her, searching for her voice as the only comfort I had.

My torso had one big gash, one that again, he knew I could heal.

How would I rebel against this?

I couldn't.

Either I heal myself and not tell anybody since I have no proof, or I die.

It was one large line, going vertical through my chest down to the top of my pelvis, dripping with deep red blood, and delivering a sting that Jasper wouldn't let me forget.

I started getting weaker by the minute, dropping to my knees and lying on my back, slowly healing the wound.

Though my vision was blurry, I could still see Jasper's smug smile plastered at the top of his towering figure.

"You see... Jasp...er..." I began speaking tiredly, "you don't scare me... not... anymore... you might cause me pain... but you will never... cause me death..."

He snickered.

"I might've not killed you yet, but just wait, Diamond.  I'll sure damn try."