Chapter 1.0: The Side Effect Of Aaron Taylor

We arrived in London before sunrise. Aaron's flat wasn't far from the city and it didn't take us much longer to get to the three floor story flat. He lived in a private community, it brought me relief to know while we are here we would be safe in his place.

Aaron opened the garage and pulled in. The only car they left outside on the drive was Zac's. I gave Aaron his helmet and jumped off all by myself. I was getting the hang of getting on and off of the motorcycle. The only downside about riding on a motorcycle for twelve hours is the soreness between my legs. I felt like my legs had shape into a rainbow hoop and I was marching for a gun down.

As the rest of the group grabbed the bags from behind the trunks, I noticed Aaron staring at the white door in front of us. His eyes had no color to them, his perfect pink lips had turned white, he looked terrified. Zane came up behind us gripping onto Aaron's shoulder.

"We've done this many times. She isn't going to be in there," He whispered low enough for only Aaron and I to hear.

Aaron body shook. "I wish she was-I keep hoping she is. Then the horrifying night-" he bites down on his bottom lip. He sighs heavily.

"It doesn't matter anymore," He postured himself back to normal and opened the door.

This wasn't Aaron's flat but Caroline's. Here is where Caroline killed herself. My stomach turned into a huge knot. How could he come back here, where it all happened? My hand landed on my chest; I could literally feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asked a bit concerned.

I gulped, nodding. "Yeah," I turned around to look at Zac. He was behind the trunk of his car staring at me. "Go inside. I'll be in there in a minute," I told her.

She took hold of my arm. "He is going to be okay. He always gets like that," She answered my heartbreaking questions.

"I-Zac might need help," I stuttered, rushing towards him.

We were the only ones outside now. He closes the trunk giving me a glare.

"He isn't safe for you." He spat. "Whatever you're feeling for him needs to die. Aaron he will never be able to like nor love anyone except her,"

His words were like knife stabs into my chest. I wanted to say he was wrong but he wasn't. Caroline was always going to be Aaron everything. I'm just a similarity to her.

"People can change," I said timidly looking down at the ground.

Zac sighs heavily picking up my face with his hands. "I don't care who you fall for Zariah. Any guy who makes you happy and treats like the princess you are is fine with me, but Aaron isn't a option. You can't fall for him,"

I chuckled dryly. "It's a bit too late for that,"

"You remind him of Caroline and for that reason only does he pay attention to you," He said quietly. "Aaron hasn't dated nor paid attention to a girl until you came around. I don't have a problem with him, but I don't want to see you hurt,"

I didn't want to see myself hurt either. I took my face out of his grip and walked inside the flat. Zac was right I needed to let these feelings die. Aaron would never like me like he liked Caroline. I should avoid the complication of him and just help them get Khole back and move on.

"Hey Z, you want some hot chocolate?" I heard Zane called out from the kitchen as I stepped in.

I nodded. Chloe and Logan were seating on the couch curled up together. Aaron was by the fireplace turning it on. The flat smelled like her perfume. After a year without someone living here wouldn't it smell like suffocation, unless Aaron keeps it maintain, which I'm sure he does.