Chapter 0.1: Welcome To Cambridge Academy

Our luggage began to appear after that. I stepped towards the luggage carrier since my bags were the first to pop out. I took hold of my two black suitcases, and began to walk away from the rest of the people waiting impatiently for their luggage.

Aaron had picked up a small duffle bag. Throwing it on his back, he walked up to me. If that was all he brought why didn’t he just take it with him on the plane? It would have saved him time. 

“Mind if I help you with one of your suitcases?” I heard him say as we stepped foot outside of the airport.

“No, I got it,” I smiled.

From the airport I had to catch a taxi to the port of Tampa. Cambridge Academy was on a giant cruise, so I would be learning educational things while traveling the sea. It sounded interesting when Zac, my twin brother, was explaining it to me when he got accepted there. He had gotten kicked out of the school we were attending for fighting the principals’ son.

It took a view begs and tearjerkers to finally convenience my parents to let me transfer here. Without Zac being around home and school felt different. I needed him around to feel in place. 

Aaron whistled and a taxi stopped right away. He stepped forward giving me a glance.

“Are you coming?” He asked.

“I have to go to the port of Tampa. I doubt you are going towards that direction,”

Aaron opened the door to the taxi. “That’s actually exactly where I’m going,” He grinned.

I found it a bit difficult to believe him. Either he found some type of interest towards me or he was going to kidnap me. He could be those types of guys that lure innocent girls with his charming smiles, and then takes them to be sold into the sex trafficking.

He noticed the concern look on my face. Obviously he would be thinking the same if he was in my shoes. No girl who was smart enough would throw herself inside a taxi with a guy she met three hours ago, it was a bit crazy.

“I’m a student at Cambridge,” He spoke out.

“How do I know you aren’t lying,” I said giving him a narrowed look.

He let out a sigh. He pulled out his wallet and hands me his student I.D. It looked legit; I was sure a person who kidnaps girls wouldn’t go through the trouble to make a fake Cambridge I.D.

Aaron grabbed one of my suitcases from my grip and rolled to the trunk of the taxi. With the help of the driver, Aaron and him placed my luggage inside. I stood on the side staring at his I.D. He looked young on here, his hair was long down to his neck, and if I’m not wrong he had a lip piercing.

Quietly, Aaron snatches his card back from me and places it back into his wallet.

“I was going through a phase,” He mutters, letting me enter the taxi first.

Whichever that phase was; I was a bit happy he was over it. I couldn’t imagine him with a lip piercing and long hair now. That image didn’t go well with his personally at all.