Chapter 0.3: X Never Goes With Y

I always hated math. The whole algebraic equation, and trying to find the missing x for y. Math wasn't my subject. How in the hell was this going to help me in the future? I'm not going to go out finding someone's x for y. Nor was I going to use the quadratic equation for shit. I slumped down on my chair hanging my head off the edge. I've even working on my homework for the past three hours, and I can't still finish problem two.

So I wasn't the smartest girl when it came down to math. I could finish english, chemistry, and government in a heartbeat, but math was a whole different thing. I had to strain myself trying to figure out the answers, which at the end aren't even close to the right one. Back home I had to become best-friends with google and my mom. Since she knows math like if her life depended on it. I never thought how I was going to pass math here in Cambridge.

"Maybe fresh air will make me think better," I muttered to myself. Grabbing my folder and my pencil, I left my dorm.

It was a bit past three and most of the students were on the cruise goofing off. Dinner wasn't going to be in another hour, so hopefully by then I would be done. Dropping my folder on the nearby table, I sat back down. The day was getting chilly as the night was approaching. The air was venting through my face causing me to chill. I had a thing for winter! Out of all the seasons winter had to be my favorite. I enjoyed the chilly nights, the warming up to a nice fire in the evenings, and especially the holidays.

Out of all of those things, the one thing I adore is winter time by the beach. I live in Dallas, Texas and the closest beach is Galveston. It's not the prettiest or cleanest beach, but a beach was a beach during winter. The itchy salty air and the tides crashing into shore was my type of thing. Every winter Zac and I would go down to Galveston and stay a few nights. Although Zac wasn't the beach type of guy he would go just to see me happy.

He has been the only guy who's treated me like a princess. Every guy I ever met had either called me names or lied to me. My love life is pathetic. I've the cliche girl who's never been kissed or had a boyfriend. Maybe it's for the best, if my life would involve being stared at if a guy talks to me then it's not worth it.

"You're suppose to carry the x to the left not the right," I heard someone say right by my ear.

I yelped. Aaron shakes his head solemnly. He needs to stop popping out randomly! He'll end up giving me a heart attack.

"Shit! Aaron you scared me!" I cried.

"Sorry," He apologize. He sits across from me making himself comfortable.

"What do you want?" I grumble, erasing the entire work and starting over again.

He didn't say anything. He was too busy gawking at me amusedly. He enjoyed annoying the hell out of me. Aaron doesn't see he's bothering me, he thinks I'm being a tease, but I'm not. I'm thankful he helped me out on the plane and to get here. I think he's awesome for that, yet not knowing he is a "pretty boy" that's a whole different problem.

Apparently being approached by a Pretty Boy is not normal. If they were the hottest guys in the school wouldn't they be all over the girls? Usually that's what guys at my old school would do. Zac is a prime example of that. Every girl that threw herself at him he greeted her with open arms. I'm sure Aaron and the rest of the guys have girls throwing themselves at them, so why aren't they grasping the fresh meat?

"Fuck," I grunted giving up on my homework. I couldn't concentrate with Aaron here.

"I can help you," Aaron offered.

"You're good in math?" I snorted, not believing him.

He looked a bit offended. He leaves froward snatching the paper out of my view. He scanned at it for a second. Taking hold of the pencil he scribbled down equations. It didn't even take him a minute to solve the problem. He turns the people around flashing me his perfect answer.