.XI. [EDITED]

Adrian's head snapped in my general direction, his green eyes growing large as his gaze fell upon me, his mouth fell open a gaped. I could see him visibly pale, the color draining rapidly from his face as he became very rigid. Slowly revealing myself from my hiding spot, I gradually stood up, limb by limb; my head automatically kept on looking at him from shoulders up. Heat scorched my cheeks as I tried to keep my eyes from looking blow his face. Any lower and it was past PG-13. Adrian was naked, stark naked, and I didn't need to see his man parts.

"E-Elliot?" Adrian spoke uncertainly, his eyes hesitantly drifting towards the woods. I didn't have to wonder long about what he was waiting for before I heard a howl echo throughout the woods. Instantly stiffening, I could hear Adrian cussing a storm. He walked closer to me, grabbing my arm and yanking me forward. "We have to get out of here, now!"

I nodded, letting him tug me forward. Another howl reverberated through the woods, urging Adrian to pull me faster.

"Where are we going?" I panted heavily, pressing my legs to keep up with his long strides. Adrian abruptly stopped, making me run straight into his rock solid back and lose my footing. But before I could fall, he grabbed my hand, pulling me back up to balance. He stooped down in front of me, his back in my direction.

"Get on, we're moving too slow," he commanded. Immediately I felt a harsh pull at his words that made me want to obey. It scared me. Fighting the call, I uncertainly took a step back away from him. Adrian impatiently sighed, his eyes only on the woods behind us before turning back to me, frustration taking over the tone of his voice. "Please, Elliot, listen to me!"

It took another howl before I launched myself on his back and he took off sprinting through the woods. I buried my head into the crook of his neck to protect myself from the branches swinging our way. My hold on his bare shoulder tightened, trying hard to not let go as I was roughly bounced on the back of him. A wail escaped my lips as Adrian brusquely stopped, tensing below me.

The sound of a growl filled my ears, making my head snap, and my vision filled with wolves, all ranging from different colors. A brownish wolf crouched and growled, lowering itself as it took a tentative step forward. I cowered more into Adrian's shoulder, letting some of his strands of hair shield me from them.

"Enough, Caleb, he's with me," Adrian answered firmly, making the wolf stop in his tracks. The wolf's green eyes widened, his snout touching the ground in compliance, peering up at us. I watched in awe as the wolf in front of me turned into a man, and soon was followed by the six wolves behind him. The man called Caleb looked upon me with a polite and friendly smile, unlike the others. They glared at me as if I were a disease that needed to be taken care of as they looked upon each other with no words coming out their mouths.

Caleb was tall and tan just like everyone around him but he was the only one that had grey eyes, different from his wolf. Caleb looked up at me and leered, showing off his white teeth, rubbing the back of his head. My face flushed red at his nakedness, my line of vision now towards the sky. "You've brought a modest one."

"He's not mine," Adrian automatically answered, stooping down so he could release me from his back. It felt nice to be on the ground as I looked towards the group again, this time not as much disturbed by the naked men around me.

I could see Caleb frown, his face overridden with confusion as he looked at me again and then Adrian. The men around him glared venomously at me, taking a threatening step forward only to be stopped my Caleb's outreached hand. "If he's not yours, then who is he? You know the rules. The pack will not be happy, especially with a human."

Adrian sighed exhaustedly, running his fingers through his hair. He took one glance at me and back at the men in front of him. "I know that, but he might become a very special addition to the pack. This is Graham's mate."