Chunin Exams: Part 6

Kabuto suggested that we start heading out to the tower. So then we did.

To be honest, I felt scared. I felt like anything can just get to me and kill me. From how easily I was taken down these past few days I'm probably not gonna make it to the last part of the exams.

I started looking down. I placed my hand on the fresh scabbed wound on my stomach. Sasuke took a side glance at me. He began to inch closer until our shoulders were touching. He slowly reached his hand over and around me, bring me closer to him.

I began to blush furiously. His face was also a faint pink. We just continued like that for the rest of the way. Even though it was awkward I felt safer.

"Wait." Sasuke put his arm in front of me.

"What is it?" Kabuto asked.

"Something isn't right. We've passed this tree multiple times already." Sasuke said, alarmed.

"Yeah, your right. And that tower doesn't seem to be closer." Sakura agreed.

"So, you guys have finally figured it out." A scratchy voice spoke.

In an instant over a hundred versions of the same guy appeared.

"Clones." I whispered.

"Here, I can take them." Naruto went charging at them. He got scratched by a kunai and was pushed back.

"They are clones but they are real." Kabuto spoke.

A smirk spread across all of the clones' faces. All at once they grabbed kunai and threw them at us. Sasuke jumped in front of me but he was too late. A kunai made a huge scratch on my cheek. They made a mistake. My hood fell off.

I sat there on the ground. My hair flew in the wind. The fighting stopped. All eyes on me.

"Oh no." I heard Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura say.

My arms began to glow. I slowly look up with my white eyes. I was even faster then before. I took down all of the clones as more began to form. Fear was on all of their faces each time.

Using my kunai, I split one in half. I turned around to face the next batch of clones.

"Kyoko!" I turned but was too late. One of the clones stabbed me.

My glowing stopped. I fell to the ground.

"Shadow clone jitsu!" Naruto started fighting them off for us. He secretly made four clones look like us while we hid.

"Kyoko. Look, while Kabuto, Sakura, and I fight, Naruto is gonna stay with you, okay?"

I nodded my head. As Sasuke was about to get up from crouching I grabbed his arm and pulled him down into a hug. He began to hug back.

"Ahem." Sakura cleared her throat.

Sasuke pulled away and began to sit next to me.

After about an hour or so the fighting had stopped.

Sasuke had looked over and all of the clones were gone.

Four kunais were thrown. It hit the clones of us. The clones turned back to Naruto and vanished. Kabuto and the others came jumping out, leaving Naruto and I alone.

"Hey, Kyoko?" Naruto spoke.

"Yeah?" the sounds of fighting was going on in the background.

"You know, Sasuke cares a lot about you." I laugh.

"What do you mean? Sasuke is just a friend. What makes you say that?"

"Well, you can tell by the way he acts around you. He tenses up a bit but then he relaxes. I can tell you mean a lot to him."

"I doubt it." I scoff.

"You don't like him? You don't believe he likes you?"

"Its not that. Well, I kind of think that he doesn't truly care for me but its also because I was raised by the Akutsaki. We don't believe in love."

I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head. Naruto kept staring at me with the look of shock and pain.

"Naruto! Get Kyo. We got the earth scroll! We're heading to the tower!" Sasuke yelled.

"With the strength he had left Naruto picked me up. He held me in his hands like you would a baby. (Sorry its just that I don't like to call it bridal style)

He carried all the way up to Sasuke. From there Sasuke carried me. Sakura had a jealous look on her face.

When we made it to the gate entrance it was opened. Inside was a small room with a huge poster of instructions on it.

It read: Now that you have made it, open both heaven and earth scroll.

Sakura and Naruto hesitantly opened the scroll. Sasuke couldn't because he was still holding me. His grip held me mandated tight but gentle. He made it so I was resting my head on his chest.

From the scrolls appeared a sensei that I've never met before.

"Hello. You guys passed. Fallow me this way." he completely ignore me and started walking away. We all followed as he took us to a room filled with the other teams.

"Sasuke. You can put me down now. I should be fine now." his grip tighten around me before setting me down.

We all lined up in a row. The instructor was explaining the rules. When he finished saying that you can pull out now, Sakura began to raise her hand.

Sasuke smacked her hand down and began to scold her.

"Kyoko, will you please come to the front." the instructor commanded.

"Yes, sir." I walked over while the girl with purple hair explained everything. The instructor had pulled me aside. Kakashi was waiting there.

"Hello, Kyoko." he said with a closed eyes smile. "Your not gonna be joining the fight."

"What?" I was very confused.

"You have shown outstanding performances. You pass this stage. But you will have to fight for the last stage."

"Yes sir." I bow to him and walk off to watch the matches.