xviii. Artemis

Hi People! Here's the next chapter of Parth's life gets turned on it's head. He's settling in, but there will be steps both back and forth!

If Monica had been welcoming and warm, then Isha was...

Parth shrugged.

She'd come into his room almost immediately after Monica had left and smiled at him.

"I don't want to do the whole awkward we still are getting to know each other because we just found out we are going to be family. It was terrible enough doing that with Namit." Her tone had been absolutely blunt and there was a smile on her face after she'd said it "Don't worry though, I've had plenty of experience having a big, annoying brother. I will get back at you if you annoy me.With Namit it's hiding his precious car keys. I'll figure out a way to keep you in line as well." A smirk curled her lips.

Isha wasn't going to be a terrible sibling to have if her idea of revenge was taking away Namit's keys. He approved. Especially since he knew firsthand how obsessive Namit was about his car.

"I'm sure there'll be no need. I'll behave myself." Parth smirked back.

"There. A brother who has manners. Maybe there's some hope for you yet." Isha didn't ask him for permission, she walked to the wardrobe and opened it.

He couldn't see her expression when she saw the sparse collection of clothing he owned.

"I change my declaration. There's some hope for you, after we've got you some clothes that don't look like these" she shut the cupboard "Don't worry, I'm not personally a big fan of trying on the whole store, I just do that to annoy Namit. Pick stuff you know you'll be comfortable with and you'll actually wear. We'll finish the whole trip in less than two hours. Clothes that is." She smiled.

"You mean shopping is for more than just clothes? What horrors are in store? Shoes, Makeup?" Parth mocked her.

"Not unless you do drag" She winked at him.

He shook his head, red colouring his cheeks as he remembered that one time he had dressed up as a girl in for one of Sanyukta's plans. Never again.

"No I don't want to torture you. Yet. Namit told me that you like books. We happen to have that in common. So I was thinking we'll do a book haul." Isha looked at him, as if asking his opinion.

"Count me in. Coffee after?" Parth got up from the bed.

"Starbucks. No matter how ridiculously priced, their desserts are on point." Isha nodded.

"Great, when do we leave?" Parth hadn't been to that famed branded place. Ever. He didn't want to get excited about going but he couldn't fight that feeling.

"If you are okay with having lunch outside we can leave now. Just let me get my purse and Namit's keys" Isha winked.

"What's he done this time?" Parth's tone was that of great understanding.

"He exists." Isha grinned " Be downstairs in ten minutes and please for the love of Namit's car, wear one of your non checkered shirts."

He hadn't been able to help grinning back.

------------------------------------------

As promised, they'd finished buying "decent" clothes in less than two hours. Parth had found comfortable yet stylish clothes that actually fit him like they were made for him. He had also bought some batman/joker themed tshirts and a shirt with the words "You know nothing, Jon Snow." Isha had made him buy that one and she insisted he was going to go Game of Thrones mad after he told her he didn't have a clue what the hype was about.

At the bookstore he'd been tempted to buy the box set of the Song of Ice and Fire. But Isha had shot him down, telling him he could borrow her set. Parth had also, picked up a copy of Gone Girl along with the rest of the Gillian Flynn books.

Isha didn't get anything there, explaining that the overwhelming amount of faux feminist Indian romances were giving her a headache.

She did, however, order some poetry books.

He had to cover his ears when she squealed after the manager told her that one of the books she wanted was in stock at the store.

Isha clutched a copy of Rupi Kaur's Milk and Honey reverently.

"I'm in heaven." She insisted, refusing when he asked if she wanted to put the book in with the rest.

"I understand. I went to the raddi wala three years ago and I found a copy of I'm Ok, you are okay. It's a book about Psychology. I'd been looking for it everywhere. I didn't get a chance to read it, infact, it's not there with the rest of my things. But I understand how you feel right now." Parth put the bags in the car "So, coffee"

"The answer to that question is always yes." Isha nodded.

Starbucks had a great ambience. There was a group of college girls giggling at a laptop screen, a couple of women in their 30's who were huddled close and a businessman in his suit, typing away furiously at his cellphone. They found a table near an outlet and Isha immediately pulled out her charger. He let Isha order because he wasn't quite sure what to have and excused himself.

The bloody toilet in Starbucks was even better than the one he'd seen in the Agarwal mansion! He wasn't sure if it was better than the one in the Saxena house, since he hadn't needed to use one yet.

'I'm comparing toilets now. Toilets.' He laughed. "I've always compared people but this is too much."

He was secretly thankful that at least one thing hadn't changed.

Whatever that coffee was called, it tasted delicious. So did the chocolate cherry cheese cake.

They ate and conversed some more, more or less playing 20 questions to get to know each other better in a shorter time.

Isha's phone cut off the conversation by ringing rather loudly.

"It's my boyfriend!" Isha grinned and took the call.

"No. I'm in Starbucks. With my Brother. Not Namit silly. Parth" Isha laughed "Yes, your friend Parth who we visited in hospital. What do you mean he can't be? I'm not kidding you idiot! That's your kind of humor, remember? How? Fine I'll explain when we meet. Have some patience. I love you too." She put the phone down.

"So how are you going to explain this one?" Parth raised a brow.

"I'm not. You are. He's nearby. He'll be here in ten minutes tops. You tell him how much you feel is comfortable for you. But don't mess this up. I love him and Namit threw a big tantrum over it a year ago." Isha frowned "He's your friend. You probably shouldn't take the overprotective bro role here."

"I know Sahil. He's a good person. It's just that... I haven't told anybody." Parth took a bite of the red velvet cake.

"I don't mind telling him. As long as he doesn't judge me for it." Parth sighed.

"No one is going to judge you. You've got to be more positive.Or suffer Ma's pep talks. Trust me, being positive is the better of the two evils." Isha folded her paper napkin.

They sat in contemplative silence. Isha ordered Sahil's drink and a refill for herself. Parth shook his head. He felt like he would be sick if he ate anything more.

"Hi Ish." Sahil Kataria greeted his girlfriend and sat down beside her.

The formerly shy boy Parth had known two years ago looked at him.

"Hi Parth." Sahil's tone was confident, no stammering. He maintained eyecontact perfectly. "I'd like you to know that I love Isha and wouldn't do anything to hurt her. But if she hurts me, I need you to have my back, bro!"

Parth smiled back at his friend "Sure. I've missed you buddy." He shifted in his chair.

HE had to do this quickly. Like removing a bandaid.

"I know I owe you an explanation. Isha's dad, Jay Saxena? He's my biological father." Parth sighed "Her mother Monica isn't my mother."

He wanted anxiously for his friend to respond.

The Kashyup Redemptionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें