Chapter 25: The Date

THIRD PERSON (Just trying it out!)

       Niall runs around his room frantically looking for something to wear on his date. He had forgotten to set his alarm and woke up only 10 minutes ago, and he had to be ready by 12- ten minutes from now. He managed to jump into the shower, dry and style his hair, and was now tackling the job of getting dressed.

           Five minutes past twelve he emerges from his room and dashes down the stairs.

         "I'm ready!" he says, flushed from running around.  Harry smirks before taking his hand and dragging him out the door.

       Harry had heard Niall's string of profanities when he had woken up and found it cute that he rushed around to try to be on time. Even though it was a failed attempt, he appreciated the effort.

        When they reach the car, Harry opens the passenger seat door for Niall on his way around the car to get in the drivers seat. The little formality made Niall's heart jump as he realizes just how much he loves Harry.

       The drive out of the driveway and down the street is quiet, the radio humming softly in the background with an indie song that hadn't yet become famous. Harry taps his fingers on the steering wheel as he drives down familiar roads. Niall stares at Harry and the way he drives: always alert and checking his mirrors often. A small smile tweaks Harry's lips up and his eyes flicker to Niall who is still looking at him.

           "What?" Harry asks, amused at how such small things can fascinate his boyfriend.

           "Oh nothing," Niall responds sounding slightly distracted, "Just thinkin' 'bout things."

           "Hmm," Harry hums before sending Niall a grin.

           This is what life should feel like. Riding down a road with the boy you love sitting next to you. If Niall could take a mental picture of this moment, he would file it in his brain as "Perfect". Nothing could bring him down and Harry was thinking the exact same thing.

        "Harry?" Niall asks when he looks out the window only to see unfamiliar signs and houses passing by.

          "Yeah?"

         "Where are you taking me again?" He thought they had agreed on a movie and lunch but now he wasn't sure.

         "Oh somewhere," he shrugs.

          Niall rolls his eyes at the vague words of his boyfriend. He didn't care where they went as long as there was food- he didn't have time to eat anything that morning.

        "And yes, there will be food there," Harry chuckles. Niall smiles and snuggles into his seat, intending to take a nap.

          "Okay good. G'night Harry," Niall says with a yawn.

          Harry lets out a huge laugh before saying goodnight to his silly and sleepy boyfriend.

       Niall hears a knocking on the car window and gasps when he sees a face staring at him. Grumbling, Niall opens the car door and slides out.

        "You dick," he mutters shoving Harry to the side.

        "Aww was little Nialler scared?"

        "Yes, he was. Now this date has better be amazing or I'm making you walk home."

        "You don't even know where we are!"

       "I have a GPS on my phone- I would be fine," Niall snaps, irritated he had to be woken up so abruptly. He turns away from Harry and it wouldn't be out of place if he stomped his foot in anger- it would fit his childish aggrivation. 

     Harry grabs Niall's waist and hugs him from behind, burying his head in Niall's shoulder whispering, "You love me."

        "Hhmph," Niall huffs, knowing it was true.

     "Well, everything is all ready- do you want to go on our date now?" Harry asks sarcastically, knowing the answer he would get.

      "Yeah, duh," Niall rolls his eyes before looking at his surroundings for the first time.

      The car is parked in a gravel filled lot with only a few other cars and trucks scattered around. The air smells like the sea and he knows some sort of body of water is nearby. The bushes that are sparsely distributed feature blooming flowers of all colors: pink, yellow, and blue. The trees have deep green leaves that fill the branches not allowing the warm sun to shine through to the ground below. It is a beautiful area that even Niall can enjoy, the unobservant lad that he is.

        Harry slips his hand into Niall's and leads him out of the parking lot.  They walk along the street for a few minutes enjoying the warm sun and gentle breeze before Harry led them up a hill.  A few more minutes of hiking left Niall out of breath.  Just when Niall decides to ask Harry if he can take a break, the hill flattens out to reveal a view of the ocean and a picnic basket.  The hill drops abruptly making it more of a cliff than a hill and the waves crash against the land thirty feet below.  

        The wind whips Harry and Niall's hair across their foreheads.  Harry turns to look at Niall and can't help but laugh at the scene he sees.  Niall looks impressed with the view but his hair covers his eyes and sticks up in random places making him look like a child.  

       Niall turns at the sound of Harry's laugh and reciproctes it once he sees something similar happening to Harry's hair.  They smile to eachother and in that moment feel as though they are on top of the world.  They sit down and start to eat, laughing and talking about nothing and everything.

Written April 6

Posted April 26

Next chapter: Louis and Liam 

Thanks for reading!

Vote please! It takes no time at all and makes me verryyyyy happy!

Comments are great to read also please let me know what you think!