VIII

“Feel my passion,
Taste my desire,
Unite and intertwine our emotions,
Dare to be one with me,
I in return will allow you to touch my soul.” 
― Truth Devour, Wantin

Adrienne's POV

Why the hell was that girl back here? The blonde from yesterday? She was wearing a tight black dress and heels with her hair down, she followed Kary into my office and I frowned. "Excuse me, may I help you?" I ask, standing to my feet slowly. She bites the inside of her cheek and puts her head down, her blue eyes wandering off to the side. "Mast- Mr. Grant instructed me to follow your assistant around all day." She says and I immediately scowl. "Tell Mr. Grant, I don't appreciate his spies." I growl and her head shoots up.

"I am not his spy!" She suddenly exclaims and then she shrinks back down. "I'm just curious. I'm interested in becoming apart of a business, so just think of this as an intern." She offers and I sigh in annoyance.

"What's your name?" I ask sharply. "Vanessa." She replies. "Ma'am, you will say ma'am when speaking to me." I correct her and she seems stunned by what I have to say.

"Yes ma'am." She says slowly. "Good," I mumble and avert my attention to Kary. "Is the meeting set?" I ask and she nods. "It's adjourning in a few minutes. But I have to call back the male model's company soon." Kary mumbles, looking down at her clipboard. I groan and roll my eyes, "Vanessa, are you good at taking notes?" I ask and her face lights up. "Yes ma'am, I am.”

I observe her carefully. Her bright eyes and her blonde hair that fell gracefully down her shoulders.

What did he see in her?

Wait why did I care?

I swallow hard and look over at Kary who looks confused.

"Kary, bring Vanessa with you to your meeting." I say and revert my attention to the computer.

"Yes Ms. Cooper." Kary says and motions Vanessa to follow her.

Vanessa turns to follow Kary and I clear my throat. "Vanessa. Your gratitude." I remind and she flinches. She's obviously surprised that I'm speaking to her like this. "Thank you Ms. Cooper." She whispers and nods respectfully towards me and slips out the door.

I lean back into my seat and whip out my IPhone, dialing a number and hearing it only ring once before getting answered.

"Mistress." The voice sounds excited and of course aroused as usual.

"How's my good boy?" I ask and I hear him sigh in pleasure. "Lonely Mistress, I can't thank you enough for letting me stay in this wonderful hotel." He says and I smile to myself.

"Anything for you Asher. How would you feel about coming to work with me right now?" I ask and I feel his smile through the phone.

"Really Mistress? I'll be there as soon as possible."

I smile as I await Asher's arrival.

Xavier was in for a rude awakening

~*~*~

~*~*~*~

This is the shortest chapter I have ever published and of course, I am ashamed, but I mostly came up with this in like a minute because, I'm doing this to inform you all...I'm taking a break....Around this time of year, I become a holiday Scrooge, I hate the holidays so much. I'm going through a lot right now, with family issues...friend issue, relationship issues...and of course ...just me issues. I am in no state to update frequently as I would like to, because I'll give you bullshit like this chapter. I do have plans for this book, but I want to wait for awhile until I can. I will however probably update Letters To Romeo, since it is a dark romance in a way. I am just going through it right now...and its....getting kinda hard to hold on. I'm looking for the good in everything but I can barely function. I couldn't eat for Thanksgiving. I can barely sleep at night. I can't do much of anything. So for now, I'm just a vessel. I am not writing this for pity or sympathy but just because I am very close with my readers and I'm always up front and honest with them.

I am not taking a break from writing, but I am editiing Possession and working on getting a literary agent. I feel like Wattpad is holding me back from my true potiental and I want change. I want to be happy so bad and writing is the only thing that keeps me there. I'm going for it, while I still have my mind together.

Thank you guys for understanding. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Love always, 

flower x