Chapter 3

(Phil's perspective)

I walked into the living room to find Dan on his laptop, while watching Doctor Who.

"Hey." I said. Dan made a small wave towards me. I sat next to him. "What's going on so far?" I asked, nodding towards the TV. Dan shrugged, not looking up from his laptop.

"Who's the companion?" I asked. Dan shrugged again. "Who's the doctor?" I asked a bit louder. Dan shrugged. I sighed. It better be David Tennant.

I watched the episode for a couple of minutes, an awkward silence between Dan and I. I finally got annoyed and turned off the TV.

"Okay, Dan, what's going on? Why are you acting like you're hiding something?" Dan sighed and closed his laptop, turning to me. "You know how I always wanted to be an actor when I was younger, and then I kind of gave up when I was 18?" He said. I nodded. Dan took a deep breath.

"Well, some movie director watched some of my videos, and he wants me to be a part of his movie!"

"Dan!! That's amazing!!!" I squeled. Dan beamed. "I know. The only problem is that if I actually get the part, I have to be gone for a year to shoot."

"So?" I said.

"So, that means I can't make videos that often, or make YouNows, or be a part of the radio show, or," Dan took a deep breath. "See Marcie anymore." He said quietly. We sat in silence.

"You should go talk to Marcie about it first," I suggested. "I'm sure she would understand. She knows that it was a dream you had since you were a child."

Dan nodded. "You're right. I'll invite her over now. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, totally." I said with a helpful smile. Dan smiled back. "Thanks."

Dan walked away, and then I turned the TV back on. I realized that the episode ended, and it was a different one of Doctor Who. I frowned.

"This one has Matt Smith as the doctor."

(Dan's perspective)

I called Marcie's cell phone, pacing back in forth in my room. She answered on the third ring. "Hello?" She said, tiredly. I realized that it was 7 in the morning, and she usually sleeps in late. Oops.

"Hey, Marc," I said. "Can you come over in an hour? I need to ask you something important."

"Um, okay," she said. I could hear her move in the background. "How important?" She asked.

(Marcie's perspective)

"Insanely important," Dan said on the other line. "You're decision could change my whole life."

My heart stopped. Was he saying what I think he was saying?

"Okay, I'll be over in an hour." I said, nervously.

"Okay babe. See you then."

"See you." I said, and hung up.

Holy crap. Was Dan going to propose? It sounded like he was. But we're too young! We're only 22! Plus, we've only been dating for ten months! It's too early to get married! I don't know if I want to come over. But I know Dan. If he wants to propose, he would do it in some sort of special way, not by me just coming over to his house and asking, like it's something he does on a daily bases.

Right?

I had a hard time breathing. I quickly grabbed my inhaler before I passed out. I don't know if I should tell Carly. I mean, I could be wrong. He might just be asking me something simple. Right?

But he said it could change his whole life. It didn't sound like a simple question. He could just be asking if we want to move in together or something.

Right?