Chapter 1

"Jump you stupid thing!!!" I screamed, jamming the keys on Dan's Xbox controller. I knew he was smiling behind me. I'm not really a fan of video games, but Dan wanted for me to try to play Sonic. So far, it's not working so well.  "Calm down, Marcie." He said with a chuckle."If you break the controller, you owe me a new one."  

I rolled my eyes. Not paying attention to the game, I said, "Your fault for letting me play." I smirked. Dan rolled his eyes back.  

I turned back to the game, and realized that I got squashed by some big sharp thing. Crap. Of course I did. I threw the controller softly on the beanbag I was sitting on, knowing that I really would have to buy Dan a new one if I broke it. He laughed.  "Let me try," he said, reaching for the controller. "Maybe I won't die." I sighed and handed him the controller.I got out of my beanbag and sat next to Dan, laying my head on his shoulder.  

I watched him play flawlessly. Obviously he can play. He's played this game many times. We sat there, silently, staring at the screen. 

"Crap!" Dan yelled as he got killed by the exact same thing that killed me. I laughed. "Now you know how it feels to fail." I said with a smile. Dan smiled back. "I only died once." He said. I shrugged.  

"Yolo." I said, and he laughed, making my heart race. Just like all the other one million girls that watch him, I love his laugh. Not just his laugh, but everything about him. His smile, his hobbit hair, his humor, anything that makes up the Dan Howell. He's perfect. I'm just lucky that he chose me.  We sat in silence again, being mesmerized by the screen. I stood up, did mini stretches, and said, "I'm going to get some grapes. Do you need anything?"  

"A hammer so I can kill this stupid hedgehog version of a Smurf." Said Dan, sounding completely serious. I smirked.   "You could just kill him with the big sharp squashy thingy." I said. Dan paused the game and stared at me.  "Go get your grapes." He said, returning back to the game. I laughed and walked to the kitchen to get the grapes that I've been craving for centuries.  

My phone buzzed and I looked at the caller ID. It was Carly, my best friend and roommate. I pressed answer, put the phone between my head and shoulders, and said,

"May I help you?" 

"There's a mouse." She said. I paused. "Excuse me?" I said. Carly sighed. 

"I went to the bathroom to go take a shower, and I saw a mouse," she started. "I'm now in the corner of my room, in my towel, rocking back and forth."   I laughed. I was sort of used to mice. I grew up with animals, and mice aren't a problem for me. For Carly, it's like seeing a tarantula with 80 legs and a bunch of hungry children.  "I'll be home in an hour, but you know what you need to do?" I said, getting the grapes from the fridge and putting them into a bowl.  "What?" Carly asked. I smiled. 

"Put a banana in your ear." I sang, and then hung up before Carly could start yelling at me.  

I washed the grapes, walked back to the living room, and sat next to Dan. He was still mesmerized by the game.   "I heard you singing the Banana Song." He said, and I smiled.  

"Carly found a mouse in our flat, and I told her to put a banana in her ear to calm her down." I said. Dan smiled.  "This is why I love you." He said, kissing my cheek, making me blush. We didn't say anything, and went back to watching the screen.  

Dan sighed, and then turned off his Xbox. He turned to me. "What do you want to do?" He asked, reaching for a grape. I smiled. 

"Want to explode a continent?" I asked. Dan stared at me.  "Maybe some other time." He said, and I nodded. We didn't say anything, and then we heard the door open. Phil walked in, his hair sticking up everywhere. He looked exhausted.  

"Hey guys." He said, giving a small wave. I smiled. "Hey Philosoraptor." I said. Yep. I gave Phil a dinosaur nickname. I'm just that cool.  "How was the gym?" Dan asked. Phil wanted to go to the gym for once. He said he would go in 2009, and he never did. Today was his first day, and I could tell he already hated it. 

"It was so awkward!" Phil replied, falling onto the sofa. "I tried using things like the moving stairs, and these big muscle dudes kept staring at me, like, 'What does that weird dude think he is doing here at our gym?'" Phil said. Dan and I exchanged a look, not sure what to say. 

"Want a grape?" I asked, handing Phil the bowl. He took a handful and put them all in his mouth at once.  "Just leave me here alone to die." Phil said after he swallowed the grapes.  

"Aw, mate, you won't die just because of one bad day at the gym," said Dan, patting Phil's shoulder. "You'll die after about seven." Dan smiled, and Phil glared at him. 

"I'm going to the kitchen to get the last bag of Maltesers." Said Phil, standing up. Dan's eyes widened.   "Oh no you don't!" Dan said, jumping on Phil's back. Phil tried to shake him off, but Dan looked as if he was holding on for dear life. I remained on the couch, enjoying the show.  Sometimes, I feel lucky to be the normal one.  

----------------------------------------------------

Hai! 😊 So this is the first chapter of my new story! (10 points for awesomeness) I will try to update as much as I can. Since summer vacation is starting for me soon, I will be able to update more, since I won't have a lot of homework and such.  So I know that this chapter sucks, and it will get better throughout the story. Hopefully it's not too bad. I will try to update either this week or next week.  Is it okay is I call you guys Dandelions, since its a combination of both Dan and lions?  I think it's okay.  Well, bye Dandelions! See you guys soon! 😘