Chapter 2

"Marcie!!!!" I heard Carly scream. I groaned and rolled over on the other side of my bed to check the time. Exactly three in the morning. Of course. 

I lied in bed until I heard Carly yell my name again. I finally got up and went to her room. 

"What?" I said, putting a hand on my hip. "Mouse." Said Carly, pointing to the corner of her room. I looked at the corner and saw a small mouse. 

"It's so cute!" I said, running over to it. Carly stared at me like she found out I eat humans. 

"Get that filthy rodent out of here!" She screeched. I groaned. "Stop being my mother." I murmured. I knew she heard me, but she didn't reply.  

I found a box and put the mouse in it. I took a pen and made a couple of gigantic holes on the top so the mouse could breathe. 

"There," I said. "Our mission is complete. 

"Great. Now go outside." Carly demanded. Why does she keep giving me orders? I don't remember her becoming the president of our house. I decided not to argue with her, since I really just want to get this over with and go to bed. 

I got my jacket and shoes and went outside. There is an alley behind our flat, so I decided that the alley would be a wonderful home for a mouse. 

I walked to the alley, let the mouse out of the box, and watched it run over to a bunch of bugs. This is what I like to do in the morning- watch a bunch of mice and insects. 

I walked back to my flat, when I bumped into someone, making them fall. "Omigawd! I'm so sorry!" I said helping the person up. They laughed. "It's fine." They said. I stopped. Their voice was insanely familiar. I gasped. 

"Phil?" I asked. Phil stood up and stared at me. "Oh. Hi." He said. "Why were you in an alley?" 

"Their was a mouse in our house, and I caught it, since I'm so amazing," I said, flipping my hair. "Carly was complaining about it." 

Phil nodded, and we had an awkward silence. Phil and I are really good friends. I met Dan because of him, so I'm never mean to Phil, since he's done so much for me. Phil and I are family friends, yet he never put me in his videos, since he thought I would be to weird. My parents were glad that we were still close, even though my parents and his parents aren't as close anymore. 

"So why are you outside?" I asked him. He shrugged. "I couldn't sleep and decided to go for a walk." He said, and I nodded. I don't live that far from Dan and Phil. I usually walk to their house whenever I come over, unless its snowing. I hate snow. 

"Are you planning on going to the gym again?" I asked with a smirk. Phil chuckled. "Probably not," he said. "Those big buff guys terrified me." 

"What if I go with you?" I asked. Phil stared at me with his piercing blue eyes. I always liked Phil's eyes. I have dark green eyes, but they aren't that pretty. They remind me of puke, for some reason. 

"Would you actually go with me?" He asked. I shrugged.  

"Yeah, why not. I could protect you from the evil buff guys." I replied, smiling. Phil smiled.  

"Then maybe one day we could go together." He said. He leaned in closer. "Just don't tell Dan." He whispered, and I laughed. 

"Alright, I won't." I said. Phil smiled wider. "Good," he said. "I'm going to go home. I feel like I'm going to sleep on the sidewalk if I'm not there soon."  

I nodded. "I better go too," I said. "Bye Phil. 

"Bye Marcie." He started walking back home. It suddenly got colder, and I walked back into the flat, ready to sleep for centuries.

(Dan's Perspective)

I heard the front door slowly open, and then close. I was fully awake. It was three in the morning, and I know that Phil was asleep. What if it was Manesh? What if he found our address? Oh god, I'm going to be either dead or pregnant in a couple of minutes.  

I stood up, got the bat that I've been secretly hiding behind my bed, opened my door, and walked out into the hallway. Silence.  

"Hello?" I called out, and I mentally face palmed myself. Great job, Dan. Now the murderer can find out easily.  

I heard footsteps, and I raised my bat higher. I was surprised to see Phil, wearing his shoes and jacket. He stared at me. 

"How long have you had that bat?" He asked. I put it down. "Since we moved in." I said. He sighed. 

"Would you like to explain why you were about to hit me with it?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"I thought you were still asleep, and I thought that a murderer somehow got into our house." I said. 

"So you would kill a murderer with a bat, while he would kill you with a gun?" Phil said. I groaned. 

"You're so annoying." I murmured. I could see Phil smile in the darkness.  

"I'm going to be on Tumblr, if you need me." Phil said, walking to his room. I nodded. "Goodnight." I said to him. 

"Goodnight." He replied, closing the door to his room. I went back to mine, put the bat behind my bed again, and decided to go on Twitter. 

"Thanks a lot, @AmazingPhil, for making me think you were a pedophile." I tweeted. I refreshed the page and saw that there was already some people that replied, being confused. I smiled, closed my laptop, and decided to get my beauty sleep. 

Then I could see Marcie again.