Epilogue

What is man that you are mindful of him or the son of man that you consider him

Crystal stepped into the building that acted as her office in Victoria Island Lagos and glanced around. She was proud of the woman she had become; the founder of Aby & Tia Foundation. She had started it in order to help women who found themselves in abusive relationships and young Hiv patients. She helped them start a new life. Chief's money was being used to transform lives.

She hadn't seen Remi since her return a year ago. She missed him but avoided him. Perhaps it was for the best. She still kept in contact with Andrew. He had become a regular preacher in Church and promised to visit her but was almost constantly busy. He had mentioned a new woman he met but didn't speak much about her. He didn't want to fall in love with the wrong woman again. She couldn't blame him. Jean and her husband were doing fine. They called as often as they could.

Crystal still kept in contact with her mother who visited her every month; their relationship was being restored and her heart was being healed. Her sister, Tomi, was in college studying to be a Nurse. She hadn't met her yet but she looked forward to meeting her sometime in the summer.

She stepped into the office and her Secretary, Angela, greeted her. She was a twenty two year old woman who had her own sad tale to tell but whom the lord was restoring.

“Angie” Crystal smiled. “Good morning” She made for her office door.

“Wait! I have something here for you” Angie pulled out a white box and made her way from around her desk. She held out the box to her.

“What is this?” She was confused as she stared at the box.

“I don't know” She shrugged. “It was delivered here this morning. Open it” She said curiously.

“I have work to do” She turned and reached for the door.

“Oh, Crystal, just open the box!” Angie insisted.

“Fine” She pulled open the box and gasped. Seated inside, stood a very familiar fabric. She ran her palm over the fabric and pulled it out of the box. True enough, it was a gold dinner gown with lots of glitters; the same gown Remi had insisted she try on the day they went shopping, three and a half years ago. “Remi” Tears filled her eyes as she thought of him but her mind was afraid to imagine that the gown had come from him.

She thought about the day at the store and the look he had on his face when Jesse pulled her towards the gown. She smiled. The two of them had been so ridiculous to think she would need such a beautiful gown when she had no where to wear it to.

“My Love” He whispered from behind and she stiffened. She held her eyes tightly shut. “You were supposed to come back to me”

She turned around to look at him. He had on a blue long sleeves shirt and black jeans with a big smile on his face. He hadn't aged a bit. Love filled her; a new, unexplainable, intense love for this man.

“Sweetheart” She stood still in her tracks.

Perhaps she was having a really good dream. How did he find her, how did he get the same gown after so many years, where was Jesse?

He stepped forward and pulled her close. She melted in his embrace, her emotions almost crippling her.

She pulled away from his embrace and stared at him. What had she done to deserve such an amazing man?

“I am so sorry I left” She managed.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” He smiled and she nodded.

She had found God. She had found Crystal and now, love had found her.

"Where is Jesse?" She glanced around him.

"School. She speaks of you everyday.” Crystal had to smile at the thoughts of Jesse who must be about nine years old right now. “My love” He ran his finger down the side of her face, tracing her scar. She leaned close. “I fear if I let you go, I'll lose you forever. So...” He got down on his knees and pulled out a gold band and she cried some more. “I'm asking you, Crystal to stay with me, to be my wife”

She nodded her head, too happy to speak. He rose to his feet and pulled her close.

“Say it, Crystal, say you'll marry me” He whispered against her hair as he held her close.

“Remi, I'll marry you. Of course I'll marry you!” She laughed as she heard her secretary's happy yelp behind.

“Good because I was not going to take no for an answer anyway. I was going to drag you out of here if I had to... "

She reached for him and kissed him, interrupting his words. He pulled away, a small frown on his face as he held his palm up, stopping her. She laughed at his expression.

"Let's make this official, shall we?"  He said as he put the ring on her ring finger. Then, he took her in his arms and captured her lips, knowing fully well that he was never going to be able to live without this beautiful, feisty, tender, loving, stubborn woman. And he didn't have to. 

Author's Note

Done, done, done! I'm plenty thankful you took out the time to vote on here. Thank you for reading. Thank God for the inspiration and grace to write. If you enjoyed reading this book please leave a comment and vote. I would absolutely love to hear from you. Until then, may the peace of my God be with you!