Having Complications - Chapter Five

Gabrielle’s POV

New morning.

New day.

More awesome moments with my dad.

I get up, shower, and change into my black skinny jeans with my Vampire Diaries shirt that says ‘I like guys with fangs.’ I get my Converse All-Stars and go down stairs. My mom and dad are in there talking.

“Good morning!” I say.

“Good morning Bree.” my mom says.

“Morning sweetie!’ my dad says while I grab a poptart.

I gave both of them a hug, telling them how much I love them, and go to my car to pick up Justice.

I start my car up and turn up the radio. I can hear the DJ making annoucements on new singles or albums coming out.

“Attention all parents, if you have teenagers, specifically girls, you might wanna keep them from going to Muzick Central today.

"They got loads of shipments comin’ in today. Guess what they are?

"That’s right. One Direction. Their new album, ‘Midnight Memories’, just came out today.

"I’m gonna be honest, I like the album. It’s tight! It’s a new sound, but I like it.

"I’m gonna play this new track on here under the same name as the album. Here’s ‘Midnight Memories’ by One Direction. Parents, get loaded and ready and Directioners, get ready to hear your boys!!! DJ Allstar out!!!”

That moment, I turn up the volume, rocking out to ‘Midnight Memories’. When I got to Justice’s house, she runs into the car like,

“MIDNIGHT MEMORIES! WHOA-OH-OOHH!!!!”

I just laughed at her and sang along, until we got to the school. I gotta remember to buy the album after school. If there will be any left by the time I get to Muzick Central.

Me and Justice walk in to go to first period. I bumped into Mr. Criss on the way.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you there.”

“Are you kidding? I should’ve paid more attention to where I was going.”

Man, why are his eyes so captivating. Gabrielle, snap out of it!

“Anyways, I should get going. See ya soon!”

“Yeah, see ya!”

He runs to teach first period. I saw Justice out the corner of my eye. Did she look jealous? I don’t know. I brushed it off and headed off to first period.

“Today, we are talking about---”

“Giggly balls!!”

The whole class just bursted out laughing. It’s a classroom joke. We were playing a game on our last chapter and this one person didn’t know the answer, so he said ‘Giggly Puff’, as in the Pokemon. Our teacher thought he said ‘Giggly Balls’. Ever since then, it became our classroom joke, along with other ones.

“No. We are not talking about "Giggly Balls' so let's get off the topic! We’re talking about The Constitution. Get your paper and pencils out!”

Everyone groans and gets the materials out. While taking notes, I had ‘Midnight Memories’ stuck in my head, and Justice’s facial expression on my mind. I wonder what that was about.

Justice’s POV

I hate the way he looks at her.

I hate the way she looks at him.

Why can’t he like me instead of her?! I mean, I’m way prettier, I can sing WAY better, and I have a better shape than she does. I gotta do something about this. I gotta stop it. I could expose Darren out about him being famous?

That could work. I get just about everyone’s attention here. That could easily go around. Nope. Then, he won’t be able to teach here anymore. Ugh!! Why is this so hard?! Umm……..Ah-ha!!

I saw him and Georgia Rose talking earlier this week. That’s her dad. I knew she looked familiar.

I gotta talk to Georgia into helping me. Most likely she won’t. Stubborn son of a b--

“Mrs. Morrison, would you like to answer the question?”

I looked up at the board to see this equation wrote on the board:

5x - 4 - 2x + 3 = -7 - 3x + 5 + 2x

“Umm...the answer is…….x equals negative one half.”

“That’s correct. Pay attention next time.”

He caught me. I’ll just have to think of a plan later. This is gonna be hard.