Chapter 6- Training Session

I walked silently to my quarters and took off my training clothes. I threw them in the floor, then stepped in the shower. I pressed any random button, and ended up getting soaked in ice cold water, and getting covered in abrasive cherry soap. I got more ice cold water dumped on me, then got air-dried with hundred-degree air.

I stepped out of the shower, and put on some underclothes and a robe. I sank into bed and wrapped the covers around me until I got warm again. I fell asleep and dreamed.

I dreamed that I was running through a desert terrain, with Capitol hovercrafts following me. I shot one down with a gun, and kept running. But one sucked me up, and all of the people that I care for was inside. A woman, middle aged, put some kind of metal chip into my arm. She regarded me coldly, and I knew that that woman was supposed to be baby Ciara, who's life didn't go on thanks to me. Would she have looked like this?

Then, I was shoved out of the hovercraft, and landed in the Hunger Games arena. I was up against muttations instead of normal tributes.They all formed one alliance and came after me. Suddenly, Cyrus, my ally, was beside me, helping me fight them off.

Then, we killed all of the muttations, and realized something. Now that they're all dead, we have to kill each other, or one of us has to die of natural causes.

Cyrus picked up the gun that I had shot the hovercraft with, and shot himself. I won the Hunger Games.

But when I went back to District 4, there was no one left there that I loved. No one left but Rosa.

I woke up sweating, and angry from my dream. I went into the shower, and arbitarily punched the buttons. I was immediately showered with hot and cold water like bullets, and hot tar soap plopped on my head. I wiped all of it off, and I was air-dried with cold air, like an arctic wind. I stepped out of the shower, and dressed myself into my Training Center clothes. I paced back and forth in my room, trying to think of a gameplan. I finally came up with something with actual substance, and heard a knock at the door.

"Come to breakfast! We've got a full day ahead of us!" Cherry piped. "You don't want to be late!"

I punched the wall, which resulted in extreme pain, and went to breakfast. There were lots of breakfast dishes set out on the table, but I picked up some creaamy broth with bread cubes in it. I thought of something, and held it in front of Finnick. "Wanna bread cube?" I lowered my eyelids, and did my best imitation of him.

"You know, kid? There's hope for you yet."" He smiled, and popped it into his mouth. I ate my broth without saying a word, until Cherry started asking questions.

"What angle are you going for, Cass?"

"I'm going for the sarcastic, dry humored angle. It's my best defense."

"Ooh. We haven't had one of those in ages! We'll have to have Fern design some dresses for you that go accordingly"

I didn't bother to ask how you could make a dress that matches sarcasm, but I knew that somehow, Fern would do it.

"So, what are you gonna do to get your score in the Training Center tomorrow?" She asked.

I looked at her blankly. "You don't know?" She asked. I shook my head. "Tomorrow, you'll get tested on your skills in front of the gamemakers. They'll choose a score based on your skills between 1 and 12. 1 is bad unforgivably bad. 12 is absolutely unobtainably good. What are you gonna do to get your score?"

"Probably shoot some dummies in half with my trident. The usual." I said, cockily.

"Oh. You're gonna be good for the sarcastic role." She smiled.