Chapter 23- Sparky and Caspia, Empty Threats

"Do I know you?" A voice asks, a voice that I've been longing to hear for what seems to have been so long, but too afraid to hear. His electric blue eyes peer into mine, a startling color that I recognize from those nights hiding out in the tree, scared out of our wits, all the way to the first time I saw him, his costume branding him with the nickname "Tree Boy."

I drop my roll and it rolls across the floor.

Cyrus caught me.

Sparky caught me.

"Uh... No! You're Cyrus Hall right? The victor?" I say, feigning my best Capitol accent. I have to admit, it isn't bad. "I'm Ophelia-" I struggle, thinking of a last name. I'm obviously not married to Finnick, so I can't use Odair like my name tag says. I see a boquet of roses on the table next to us. "-Rose. Ophelia Rose."

Cyrus eyes me suspiciously. "That doesn't sound like a Capitol citizen name.... and you don't look like a Capitol citizen. You're pretty."

I gulp. "Ah... thank you, Mr. Cyrus, but I have lived in the Capitol for my entire life. I never really liked dressing with the latest fashions though. That's why I look so normal!" I say, flipping my hair. "Oh,would you look at that! They're putting more lamb stew out! Bye!" I try all I can to avoid further confrontation, spinning on my heel. I take a step in the opposite direction, away from him.

"No! Wait!" Cyrus says. He clamps his hand around my wrist, turning me back around. "Your eyes...." He says, suspiciously.

"What about them? I just got the color modified yesterday!" I say, smiling widely.

"They're familiar..." He says. "They remind me of someone."

"Who?" I say, genuinley curious. "An enemy?"

He shakes his head no.

"A friend?" I ask. He falters, but hastily shakes his head no.

"Something more?" I ask, pressing for information.

"Well.... I don't ..... yeah, yeah." He says, faltering. He nods. His eyes suddenly meet mine. "You are really familiar, are you sure I don't know you?"

"I'm positive." I say, juggling the new information. I wonder if he was talking about me, or someone else. All I know, is that he'll never find out that it's me. I can't let him. But we really need to get away from each other before people get suspicious.

"I need to go get that lamb stew! They're running out fast!" I say, high pitched, in my Capitol accent impersonation. I try to turn, but his hand is still on my wrist.

"Let go, please!" I say, trying to be friendly, but my voice shows the forcedness.

"No, not until you tell me who you really are, and why you're wearing Caspia's shark tooth necklace." Cyrus says.

My eyes widen and I try not to cough and hit mysellf. I forgot to take it off! "Let go of me please!" I say, less friendly. "I have no idea what you're talking about! This has always been my shark tooth necklace!" It's not entirely a lie...

"No. It has the same mark on it that she got when she was fighting Solis in the arena. That is not yours." Cyrus says, stonily. He tightens his grip on my wrist.

Well how do I get out of this one?! "It is not hers!" I say. "It's a cheap knockoff that you can buy at every store in the Capitol!" I struggle with the accent, my anger coming through.

"Then you won't mind giving it to me." He says, smartly. I want to slap him right in the face. I usually would, if I wasn't incognito.

"I am not giving it to you." I say, evenly. "Let go of me or I'll call security!"