2.

I went inside my house after my shift has ended at the Priest Hole and my trip to the hardware store.

"Perry?" My mom called out from the kitchen. " Is that you darling?"

"Yes mum, it's me." I answered and went to the kitchen to see her chopping up some cabbage.

"Would you be a dear and get some carrots from the greenhouse?" She said.

"Alright!" I said and put my things on the table when suddenly one of the objects got out from my bag.

"Perry." My mother sighed. " How many time do I have to tell you? No weapons at the table!"

"Sorry mum." I said as I took my butterfly knife off the table, place it inside my bag and put them under the table.

It is best if I do not tell you why I had a butterfly knife in my bag, yet.

Anyways, I went to take the basket, that was beside the backdoor of the house, for the carrots

I was in the backyard now and took a moment to study the greenhouse my father made for my mom as a birthday present.

Before my parents moved here, during their pregnancy with me

My mother used to worked in her family's farm. Dad notice that my mother was homesick so he build a greenhouse for her since the soil here in Cairnholm were always frozen that a proper garden wouldn't be built.

Mom sweared that she cried out of joy mostly because of her hormones.

I went inside of the greenhouse and closed the door quickly so that the cold air wouldn't get in. I get a small shovel from the wall and went to dig the carrots out of the dirt of the garden bed.

Once I was done placed the shovel back to it's original place. I went back inside the house, but not before locking the door of the greenhouse.

"How was work?" I asked my mom when I entered the kitchen. My mom owns a sheep farm with her co-worker, Henry.