1.

I woke up from the loud alarm clock from my nightstand and I moaned in annoyance. I hit the darn button and sat up to see that it was only 8:47.

Wait a minute.

"Oh shit! I'm late!" I muttered then hop off of my bed.

I quickly went to ready myself by taking a quick shower and brushed my teeth as fast as I could. Once I was done and Changed into my regular workday clothes and did my hair into a bun.

I grab my beat up satchel that's filled with my notebooks and other things. When I was done I caught a glimpsed of an old photo that was on my nightstand. It was a picture of me and my Grandpapa Murphy smiling at baby me.

Next to the picture was another one with me and my dad who was making me feel better because a boy was being mean to me

The only picture that I don't have on the nightstand was of me and my mom because it was hanging on a wall on the hallway

The only picture that I don't have on the nightstand was of me and my mom because it was hanging on a wall on the hallway. Reason for that was because the pictures of my Grandpapa and my father were the only few things that I have left from after their pass.

My father and grandfather died in a boating accident during a monstrous windstorm when they were returning home from the mainland. A Navy sailor found the remains of the boat and came to inform my mother and I of the tragedy. I was 6 when the accident happened. From what my mother had told me, Dad and Grandpapa went to do some small business on the mainland and tried to catch the boat that leads to Cairnholm.

My mother and I cried together on her bed and felt a little better afterwards. Crying isn't a sign of weakness my mother said, it's a sign of strength. To let people know that even in the darkest times in life. We need to let out the sadness and give in to the happiness that will come to us after. Because that is one of the many lessons of life, reminding your darkest memories so that you could build new ones out of joy.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at my watch. Still got time.

I went downstairs in a run and went to the fridge to get some orange juice. Once I found it, I opened the lid and drank it out of the open.