Chapter 21: Fingers Crossed

Three seconds. Three seconds was all it took before I was laying down with my face pressed against the floor with Vince on top of me.

Oh, the joy of feeling your confidence wash off of you in a matter of seconds is just beautiful, isn't it? I hope you noticed the sarcasm.

"Not so cocky anymore, huh?" he taunts and I groan in pain.

"C'mon, Vince", Danny pleads and my liking towards him immediately grows. But not enough for me to not hate him, I just don't hate him as much as the others.

"Not until she's begging for it herself", Vince spit and my body tense.

No way. I'm not going to sink that low. I'm not going to humiliate myself.

"I'm wait-", he starts but gets interrupted as the door slams open.

"Well, well, well..." the newly arrived person mocks, "stuck in a sticky situation, buttercup?"

Oh no. The stupid pet name, buttercup. I only know one person who called me that, and I easily puzzle the pieces together.

What was his name again, Kirk?

I turn my head towards the door and another groan of frustration escapes my lips as I see the slightly familiar face, which indeed belongs to Kirk.

"I didn't think you would be here today, man", Will greets him and do this weird handshake and hug I've never learned nor understood.

"I wasn't planning to", Kirk answers and flashes me an evil smirk. I hate making fun of myself and let me tell you, these guys seems to love it.

"Just let me go", I mutter under my breath, "it wasn't a fair play."

Vince chuckles from on top of me.

"Oh, really? And why not?"

I know that what I'm going to say sounds silly, but at this moment, silly is all I got.

"I wasn't ready..."

My words cause everyone in the room to laugh, except for the girls who still have scared expressions on their pale faces.

"So you think you can beat me?", Vince taunts and I decide to let my old, or more like real, self come out.

"I know I can", I say confidently, "if we're going to play by your rules, I'm sure of it."

"My rules?" he questions and a small smile starts tugging in the corner of my lips, but sadly, or maybe fortunately, Vince can't see it.

"Yeah", I state, "your rules. And if your brain can't take in what I'm saying, which is understandable considering how much bullshit it's full of, you just have to wait and see what I mean. But I would appreciate it if you could get your disgusting hands and body off of me."

He scoffs in response, but loosens his grip on my hand and thankfully gets off of me.

"We'll see about that", he says in a warning tone, "but now I think it's time for all of you girl to show us what you got."

And then, the hell consisting of hours of training started.

An eternity later, at least it's what it felt like, Vince told us we were done and all of us immediately stopped with whatever we were doing.

I quickly got off the treadmill I've been using for the past half an hour and put on an exhausted mask. Surely, I was tired, but it was now time for my act of revenge to start.