Chapter 20: Difficult

*Alex's pov*

I wake up to the sound of voices shouting, or more like talking in raised voices, and my eyes immediately flickers to the digital clock on the bedside table.

09:28 AM.

I want to get up, but I feel Nick's arms around my waist in a slack grip. If I move, I wake him up, if I don't move, I have to stay in his arms.

When did my life turn into this? My problems changing from not understanding the algebra homework to contemplating whether or not I should get out off a bed I'm sharing with Nick.

Oh, yeah I just remembered. Since Peter stabbed me in the back and I got kidnapped.

As you see, I'm still not over Peter's betrayal but still I did him a favor yesterday.

I still gave Nick a promise and honestly? I'm terrified of what I've got myself into, and what scares me the most is that Nick hasn't said anything more about it.

After the dinner yesterday, we'd gone back to his room but he'd remained silent with only a smirk playing on his lips.

His silence scares me because I know he's mad, furious even, because I lied. But still he hasn't done anything, but I'm just waiting for him to explode. I know he hasn't forgiven me, I know he might burst out on me as soon as I make a wrong move.

He's a ticking time bomb, and might as well explode any second.

That's also the reason to why I decide to stay in bed, even though my brain yells at me to move, because I don't want to anger him, not now.

Does he scare me? Sadly, yes.

Do I like being this close to him? No.

Do I want to get the hell away from him? Absolutely.

Can I do as I want? Nope.

Being kidnapped sucks, being stabbed in the back sucks, not being able to do what you want sucks. Right now, my life sucks, but I won't give up. If you're at the bottom you can only climb higher, right?

"Mhmm", Nick mumbles beside me, and I turn my head slightly to look at him. He is about to wake up, and as he starts moving around a bit his eyes flickers open.

"Good morning, gorgeous", he says in a raspy morning voice and I scoff in response.

"C'mon", he purrs in my ear, "caring enough to give me a morning kiss?"

He tightens his arms around my waist as he said so, pulling me even closer to his bare chest.

"Not really...", I trail off and I feel his chest vibrate as he chuckles.

"It wasn't really an offer you could deny."

With those words, he turns me around and presses his lips onto mine before I have time to do anything - before I have time to react. I don't kiss back, no way, and Nick seems to notice and the kiss turns from soft to hard, more demanding and harsh.

As he licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance, I use all my strength to push him off of me, and his lips separate from mine.

"Why?", I whine like a little kid, "I didn't say or do anything wrong!"

"No, you didn't", Nick says in a soft voice and brings me back into his arms, "but you just look too damn adorable I couldn't stop myself."

I feel my cheeks becoming heated and I'm actually glad that I'm facing his chest right now because I don't want him to see me blush. In fact, I don't want to blush at all. This was the first time he said something you can associate with cute, but then I remember; nothing's cute with Nick.