5

Summer and I went to the tree house with the guys today

Summer and I went to the tree house with the guys today. We just wanted to hang out before school started.

Our feet pattered on the pavement making tiny knocking sounds. Kids were playing in the street and people where walking there dogs. The sun shinned and a small breeze filled the air. Summer and I stayed silent and occasionally we would hum some songs.

All of the sudden we Vern running from around the corner.He was running fast which you normally never saw him run. He ran past us and let out a staggered breath. "G-get to the the tree house now. I-I have some news" He ran past us and Summer and I giggled.

"So what was that about?" Summer giggled and twisted her hair back.

"There's probably cherry flavored peez on sale" We both giggled and began to walk on.

We all climbed up the latter. I made sure I went last so the boys can't look up my dress. Such assholes I mean boys will be boys right? Any way Teddy and Chris started a game of cards while Gordie read a comic book. Summer and I started a small conversation that wasn't very important.

"Hey how do you know if Frenchman's been in your backyard?" Chris chuckled and so did I.

"Hey I'm French okay" Teddy rolled his eyes

"Your garbage cans are empty and your dogs pregnant" Chris snickered. I tried to figure out what they were talking about but I could never figure it out what they were saying so I went along.

"Didn't I just say I'm French" we all looked at each other and laughed

There such idiots

"I knock"

"Shit"

"Twenty-nine"

"Twenty-two"

"Piss of a rope"

"Gordie's out. Oh Gordie just bit the bag and stepped out they door" Teddy gave out his crazy laugh making Summer smile uncontrollably.

"Hey shut up Teddy" I got up and punched him in the shoulder.

"Oh is little El standing up for Gordie" he started making kissy faces. JERK

"Oh shut up" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Hey I don't shut up I grow and when I look at you I throw up" all the boys said in unison. Oh my god I swear if they say that one more time I'm going to kill all of them.

Teddy and Chris keep playing and Gordie started to read again.

"So how's Teddy?"I whispered and bugged Summer.

"Hot H-O-T hot" Summer fanned herself.

"No he's good. No great. He took me to the lake and confessed his love for me"  she lifted her head and gave a proud look.

"WHAT?"I screamed. Every one looked at me. Summer pulled my closet.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. That's not what he said" she smiled and winked at me. She's a hand full.

Before you know it we heard some one screaming and knocking on the door.

"Vern" we all rolled our eyes. I remembers what Vern was going to say.

"Come on guys, open up! Oh man you gust are not gunna believe this. This is boss. Oh man, wait till you hear this. You won't believe this. It's unbelievable. Let me catch my breath. I ran all that was from my house" he breathed out heavily.

"I RAN ALL THE WAY HOME. JUST TO SAY IM SORRY.... SORRY OH... CANT..." We all sang and laughed.

"Come on guys, listen to me. Guys come on. Okay forget it. I'll tell you nothing." Vern crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

"Alright, guys, Alright. What is it" Chris gave us all a look and we all shut up.

"Okay, great, you won't believe this sincerely" Vern shouted out enthusiastically. We all interrupted agin.

"I ran all the way home!!!" We all yelled

"Screw you guys!" Vern yelled at us and gave us a disappointed look.

"What is it" Chris said and put his cigarette up to his lips and blew out.

Vern asked us if we could camp out tonight in his backyard. I would tell my mom that I was at Summers and Summer would tell her mom she was at my house. Then I would tell my mom we were going to the races and I may just crash at Summers house if I didn't want to wake everyone up, just in case we needed more time.They would say yes of course of why not. He started telling us how he was looking for his pennies. Vern dug a quart jar of pennies under his porch. He has been looking for them for nine months. Nine freaking months. He didn't know whatever to laugh or cry.

Anyway he over heard his brother talking about Ray Brower. The kid who died. He lived on me and Summers block and we were all close. When he died or when he "left" I was upset. I cried for about two days straight and Gordie was there with me the whole time.

So Vern over heard his brother talking about Rays body and where it was. I was shocked.

We all wanted to find him. Even Summer. Everyone made good points. Like how we were going to be famous and how we were going to be in the paper. We would be heroes. I mean my mom would be pissed as hell but it's worth it.

I went home and told my mom that I was staying at Summers and that I would be going to the races tomorrow night and I may not be home by tomorrow night.

I changed into jeans and white converse. I put on a black tee shirt and put my hair in a high pony tail. I put on my glasses just in case I needed them. I packed my sleeping bag, my canteen, a radio, a hair brush, and six packs of pez. I was ready I guess.

I walked down stairs and kissed my mom on the cheek. As I was walking out the door I saw a dollar laying on the counter. I looked to my left and then to my right and saw that no one was there. I grabbed the money and walked out.

I was going to find a dead body.

Wc/1045
Thanks for over 150 reads!
-Bri⛅️