3. Surprise

Dusty looked desperately at her friend. "Ripple, I'm tired! And I don't feel so good...please can we rest?"

"Don't worry, Dusty," Ripple said, dismissing the eevee's worries with a roll of his eyes. "You probably just ate some bad berries or something...you'll be fine. Just keep walking."

Dusty gave in. "Okay..." she said and sighed. She then spotted something a few feet ahead of her companion. "RIPPLE! THAT BUSH...IT'S MOVING!"

Ripple turned to her, shocked. He  then swivelled around to face the bush. His face hardened. "Prepare to battle."

"I'm too tired!" complained Dusty. "And I feel...different."

"Come on, Dusty!" flamed Ripple. "It's fight or die- what choice do we have?"

Dusty was taken aback. "O..okay," she said, pawing at the ground. 

The bush started to rustle more vigorously, until all of a sudden, out stepped a yellow paw. The rest of the pokemon's body followed. It was Rail.

"Dusty...Ripple?" he said, smiling.

"Rail! It's only you!" yelled Dusty before sighing with relief.

Ripple, however, was not so cheerful. "Rail!" he snarled. "You had me so worried! I thought Dusty would be killed by a wild pokemon!"

"Oh, lighten up!" said Rail, unfazed. "You're so over paranoid!" 

Ripple just growled in response. 

"He's right, Ripple....let it go..." said Dusty.

"Come on! Follow me!" said Rail, running off to the east.

"What? NO! Are you crazy? I'm not goin-aw, great..." said Ripple, clearly annoyed.