Two

**** The two detectives made their way to the yellow taped area only to be stopped by the young officer on the other side. They produced their IDs and badges then were allowed to step under the tape.

The detectives headed for the officer in charge, again showing their badges.

"So what happened here?" She asked

The officer sighed and shook his head, "The victim was found this morning by a couple of her teammates, Detective. They came in to train this mornin' around six o'clock. This team is a contender for the 2018 Summer Olympics, and well..." He waved at the scene.

A yellow tarp lay over the victim, however: it didn't hide all the blood from view. He then pointed to another tarp, that covered the rest of her remains. "The victim's heart and other organs were removed and placed in a steal bowl, there. We'll know more after the autopsy."

Both detectives nodded for the officer to continue. "The victim is a young female, nineteen according to her ID which was still in her purse. Her name's Molly Sanders."

Detective Blanton looked up at the officer, "Any signs of sexual assault, or...."

He shook his head, "No ma'am, but the M.E. says it's hard to say right now. He'll preform a rape kit along with the autopsy, he doesn't hold much hope. The uterus was removed along with the rest of her organs." It was obvious that he had never seen a scene this gruesome before.

After taking in a deep breath he continued, "It doesn't appear to be a robbery gone bad either, as she's wearing some nice jewelry and there's a fair amount of cash and credit cards in her purse. She was wearing a name brand dress - very nice. I know because my fiancé has one just like it - expensive."

Brittany tilted her head to the side, "A dress? Not a swimsuit?"

He shook his head, "And she never signed into book the pool. To get in you have to sign in and out with the guard, as well as book days in advance. So...." He shugged, obviously at a loss to what she was doing at the pool.

"Her parents have already been alerted, and will be waiting at the station."

Brittany and her partner Tina nodded then glanced at each other. Jones was the one to ask the question on both their minds.

"Is the victim a blonde with light blue, almost silver eyes?"

The officer frowned and nodded, "Yes, ma'am. How did...."

Brittany sighed, "We're on the trail of a serial killer who targets young women of a certain height, age, hair and eye color. Judging from what you've told us, this murder fits the same M.O. the killer plays with his victims before finally killing them."