Eleven : Alone With Alpha Eros

My cheeks had long lost that slight blush from the shower and instead had gone even paler in comparison to the makeup I had applied onto my face.

I know for certain that I don't want to see Alpha Eros right now because God knows what would happen to me if I did.

For one, I am definitely not ready to face him.

What am I supposed to say to a male who is supposed to 'mark, mate, and pup' me?

I don't know how to react in such a situation.

"Let's go." The old woman urged after turning to me and noticing that I haven't moved an inch.

"I-I can't," I dryly retorted, straightening my back and staring her in the eyes as my lungs heaved in panic.

"You can't?" she repeated, testing the words and possibly testing me as well with a rather sharp look on her face.

"I don't think I'm suitable for being a part of this pack. I'm the last person you want to be staying here. I...I...There's a lot of people in your pack that want me dead. Please, just let me go." I quickly pleaded, nervously pinching the fabric of the dress in my hands.

"Honey, let's get this straight. You will not be leaving here since you are now the Alpha Female of this pack. Although there are many that are... upset with your background, I'm assured that they will keep their boundaries. If not, Eros will protect you, so do not worry," she replied calmly, almost too calmly as if she knew that I was going to refuse.

My lips pinched tightly into a thin line.

"But if you are to even think of running, Eros will catch you before you can even step off of the territory and if need be, he will hunt you down. You do not want to see him in Alpha mode as it will not be good for your mortal body when he forces you to submit," she cleanly warned me and finished off with a click of her tongue.

I wanted to correct her that my body was virtually immortal now and has been for awhile but that was information I am going to with hold for as long as I can.

"Once Eros room is finished being remodeled, you will be moved there for your mating ceremony and once the deed is completed, it is a done deal."

There will be no "deed" that will be done.

Absolutely not.

To be honest, I prayed that whoever was remodeling the room was going to break their leg, arm, finger---whatever so that I wouldn't have to be relocated into that cursed room.

I would rather take my chances out in the wild or even getting into a body of water filled with piranhas.

"I have been in your shoes before so please take my advice on the matter. You will only end up hurting yourself, dear," she caught the crook of my elbow and proceeded to slowly drag my slightly resisting body with her.

I knew that she only trying to help but I can't imagine becoming a part of this pack, or even becoming the Alpha's mate.

Not in a million years would I ever imagine myself in this kind of position.

She shook her head and sighed as if I was a lost case.

The guards all glanced at me with this slightly comical expression like they wanted to burst out laughing again but chose to refrain in front of the old woman.

Seriously.

They do not know how to be tactful at all.

"We are here, dear," the older woman said before opening the slightly familiar looking oak doors that stood rather tall and imposing in front of us.