Fifteen : Beneath The Makeup

I can see my reflection in his eyes. 

Pretty wide eyes lined with thick long sooty lashes, smooth unblemished skin, flushed soft cheeks, and full pouty lips stared back at me.

Slightly exotic, fairly cute and youthful looking.

The real me.

The me that resembles an 18 year old high school student who can't purchase alcohol without getting in trouble for underage drinking.

The me who has somehow forgotten what I really look like after concealing my face for so long.

At his unwavering ogling, my breath is stuck in my throat while my palms sweaty are from nervousness and embarrassment.

I felt highly uncomfortable being uncovered and exposed to him in such a way. Everything about me was being bared for him to pick at. It made me feel unsettled, my stomach protesting with a wave of nausea.

Eros looked utterly stunned, losing his cool lazy facial composure for a split second before managing to recover it. The slight quirk at the corner of his lips lifted a little higher in a laid back way. And his eyes brightened with a hint of approval or appeasement.

I couldn't tell.

The minutes slowly drawled by in extreme awkwardness and I could only shuffle from one foot to the other.

Eros continued to stare almost unblinkingly at my face to the point where I could feel my face heat up in response.

My cheek twitched, "Are you done staring?"

He cleared his throat a second time before diverting his gaze onto my chest. I unconsciously crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'll go get you some dry clothes," he said, swiftly disappearing into the walk in closet.

Almost 2 minutes later, Eros came back. He handed me a white t-shirt that obviously belonged to him, purposefully brushing his fingers against my own.

And with his back leaning against the wooden frame, he resumed his previous position against the door.

"I need to change," I state, my tone almost deadpan.

My eyes narrowed down on his lazy posture.

He obviously knew that I was insinuating for him to leave. But here he was, playing dumb with me.

"Go ahead," he said with an amused quirk of his lips and a wave of his hands for me to continue. 

His eyes glinted in a rather teasing yet dangerous way.

And I found that he seemed more approachable than before. That stony cold Alpha facade that he keeps up in front of everyone was replaced by a more friendly one.

He was, surprisingly, more pleasant to be around than I thought.  

I cleared my throat as if to clear the awkwardly heated atmosphere that his gaze seemed to have caused.  

"I'm not going to change unless you leave," I finally state, glaring at him with a purse of my lips.

My mind can't wrap around the idea of standing naked in front of him, for him to inspect me from the inside out.

"You will forget your modest human tendencies soon, Emira," he replied with a click of his tongue and turned away from me.

At the sound of the door closing, I finally let go of the breath that I was holding and deflated like a balloon.