Chapter 4 - My muffins!

When I woke up I was on my sofa in my room, there was a note next to my shoes, which were on the floor.

Sorry baby girl, I couldn't find the remote for your stairs due to it being too dark. So I tucked you in on the sofa; ill come by later to see you

                                                                              -Logan

Wow, he carried me to bed, that's so sweet. I fell asleep on the Farris Wheel, so he must have carried me to the car too. I got up and changed then tied my hair and went down; I went to the kitchen and started taking out ingredients.

He loved my banana chocolate chunk, maple bacon muffins, so I decided to make a muffin basket for him, as a thank you for last night. Once I let them cool, I started packing them in the basket; after that I cut up the trays of brownies I made for my brothers and put them in the baking display case.

A few years ago when I really got into baking, my parents thought it would be nice to display it for when company came, so they got it for me for my birthday that year.

I wrapped the basket, grabbed my stuff and headed for his house. I walked around back, and as I was walking I heard a familiar voice. I picked up speed and rounded the house to see Logan and his mom tanning on the lounge chairs.

"Danielle?" I said surprised. She always insisted I call her that since were like family.

"Jane!" she yelled, jumping up and running over to hug me "you’re so grown up! I see you’re still a master in the kitchen" she said eyeing the basket

"Yes I am, I actually brought this over for Logan or should I say Loggie" I smirked, by now Logan had joined us, he just scowled

"Oh that nickname. That was actually the first word you had ever spoken Jane" she mused

"Right my mom told me that" I agreed

"Anyway, since your here, you can have some too" I offered but Logan snatched it away

"No! My muffins!" he whined like a two year old. We just laughed, and then continued to catch up, while Logan munched on the muffins.

"So why did you bring him the basket anyway, I know you only make those for really special occasions" she asked, looking at me

"Well I knew they were his favorite, and it was the best way to say thank you"

"Say thank you? He must have done something amazing to deserve your famous muffins, let alone an entire basket of them"

"Well we went to magic wonders yesterday, as usual, and when we went on the Farris wheel, I fell asleep on him. So instead of waking me up he carried me to the car, and he carried me into my house"

"Awe that's so sweet" she cooed, pinching his muffin filled cheek, causing him to turn crimson, and me to laugh

"He not only did that, but he also took my shoes off, tucked me in and left me a note" I finished

"Awe! Logan! You must really mean a lot to him Jane! I know he wouldn't do that for just any girl" she said, giving me a small wink.

We both just laughed it off; I could of sworn he blushed when she that, but decided it was the sun. Not long after she announced she was going shopping, and that she would be back later to take Logan and I to dinner before returning home.

When I tried to decline. She insisted I come along, then when Logan started insisting too, I finally gave in.

                                                                        *   *   *   *   *   *

After she left we played video games for a couple hours before I left to get ready for dinner. After I showered, I walked to my closet to see what to wear.

I rooted around for a good thirty minutes before finally deciding on a dark purple knee length skirt paired with a neon green tank top with MUSIC printed on it in silver letters and my gladiator sandals.

Next I curled my hair, put makeup and jewelry on, then grabbing my black purse that went over my shoulder; I threw my phone, keys, wallet, and a bunch of other stuff in it, and took off out the door.

I walked over to his house and let myself in, then went to his game room to watch TV. An hour or so later he wandered down, obviously hearing the TV and joined me on the couch.

I turned to greet him, only to see him frozen with his eyes bulging out of his head, and his jaw on the couch beside him. I waved a hand in front of his face, he shook his head

"Crab cakes Jane! You’re wearing a skirt! "

"Oh I’m sorry, is that a crime?" I ask smirking, causing him to stutter embarrassed, I just laughed

"Honestly, Jane, you look stunning" I blushed at that

"Thanks" I mumble then I smirk "wish I could say the same for you" I laugh a bit, he gasps then hit me with a pillow causing me to fall over laughing. We started a pillow fight until feathers were flying everywhere.

Once again he was sitting on me, and we were staring at each other, then we both blushed as he rolled off me.

What happened to us? We used to roll around wrestling and goofing off for hours, now we can only blush and turn away. I was going to ask him how things got so weird between us when Danielle's voice echoed through the house

"Kiddies! I’m back! You better be ready to go!"

Forgetting the awkwardness I yelled "race you!" before taking off towards the stairs, just as I reached the top of the stairs he yanked on my foot, but I pulled my foot back and stood up

"Wow Jane, you look stunning, did your mom make you wear a skirt?" she said

"Actually, I chose to myself, thought it would be a nice change"

She looked surprised then smiled "well I like this change, your future husband will be happy" she said looking at Logan. I just laughed, like that'll happen; I fixed myself then walked to the car. I heard them talking as they locked up the house, then they talked for a while longer before joining me in the car.

As usual she dropped her purse on the front seat so we would have to sit together in the back. He stuck his tongue out at her then climbed in the back with me, nearly sitting on me

"Watch it big foot, you almost sat on me" I barked scowling at him

"You love pancakes" he teased

"I’ll make you a pancake" I threatened holding up his mom's tennis racket

"I’d like to see you try" he challenged. I slapped him with the racket, leaving a net print on his face; I grinned at his mouth hanging open

"Hey, you didn’t surrender" I said laughing, he laughed too

Just then we arrived at the restaurant, as I stepped out I froze at the sight just inside the window.

****************************************************************************************************************************

It means so much to me that your reading my story!

I really appreciate it!

Hope you love it!

Don't Forget to vote!

Dont Forget to Comment!

Thanks!

PS: if you would like me to read yours, in return, just send the link to my inbox and ill read it!