Epilogue

Years Later, Years to Come

Eliana

~Four Years Later~

I stood at the window with my vision focused on our backyard. It was beautifully set up, all the streaming twinkling lights, made everything seem like it was right out of a fairytale. The chairs beautifully decorated with gorgeous white and pink laced bows on the back, and the arch with pink and white roses looped through. It was perfect. I can’t believe that we pulled it off.

“Elle, what are you waiting for? It’s almost time.” Gracie said from behind me.

I turned to face her and Jen with a smile, “I know, I’m just admiring everything. It’s so perfect. Thank you, thank you both so much.” I said as I held their hands. “You guys are so amazing and I’m such a lucky person to have you in my life.” My voice cracked a little in the middle of saying this, my eyes also started to water.

“No, no, no! We’re not doing this. We’ve got an hour left before the big ‘I Do’; you’re not messing up your make up, plus Mayson will kill us if he finds out you were crying!” Jen said quickly holding up a tissue to dry my eyes with a smile.

“You’re right, I know. I’m sorry. No tears” I said with a reassuring smile.

“Let’s hurry up and do this. It’s time for you to join the family permanently.” Gracie said as we walked over to where my wedding dress was hung up, sealed in its protective bag.

“Grace, where could I possibly be going?” I asked with a laugh.

“Who knows, now its forever.” She said with a shrug.

“And children aren’t?” I asked laughing.

“Oh hush, put the damn dress on already!” Jen said cutting in.

“Okay, okay. Calm down, I’m putting it on.” I said holding my hands up in defense.

They helped me slip my beautiful dress on. It wasn’t your average ball gown or mermaid cut. It was a beautiful flowing chiffon material that wasn’t too tight or too lose with wide straps that were embroider with gems, one that was straight down and one that sort of wrapped from my shoulder to just below my bustline. It was perfect. It showed my now slightly prominent five going on six months belly. Yes we are expecting yet another blessing.

While we were planning the wedding we decided that we wanted to try for another child but we weren’t expecting that it would happen so fast. MariBelle was almost four, and she’s beyond excited for her little sister on the way.

By the time Belle turned two we had saved up enough for us to start looking for our own place, and our parents were willing to help out as well. They knew that we were going to want our own space for our little family and it was just the perfect size for us. It was a two storey high-rise house with a huge basement. This is where we were keeping the wedding and reception.

“Mommy…” I heard Belle calling me from outside the bedroom door.

“I’m in here baby.” I called back to her.

Jen opened the door and Belle jumped right into her arms. “Aunty!” she exclaimed happily causing us all to let out a laugh, “What are you doing?” she asked getting comfortable in Jen’s arms watching Gracie zip up my dress.

“It’s daddy and I’s special day, remember I told you baby.” I reminded her, she’s forgetful sometimes but it’s just too cute.

“Ohh, can I come?” she asked in her tiny voice, which caused us to giggle.

“But of course angel, it wouldn’t be special if you weren’t there.” I told her as she held her arms open for me to take her, which I did. And I kissed her cheek.

We sat and fixed our makeup and dresses and I made sure that to Belle was all stain-free. Her hair was up in a cute little bun with flowers around it but some of her hair little curly ringlets escaped the bun at the back. Her frontal bangs were out, they shaped her face beautifully. She had red hair, but it was a little darker than mine and she had blue eyes with little specks of warm honey brown in them. She was a mix of Mayson and me both, perfectly.

“Mommy,” she said excited, “her is moving!” she said as she turned in my lap and placed her tiny hands on my tummy.

“I know baby, she’s excited for today too.” I said with a laugh.

“Hurry, let’s go then!” she said pulling my arm, trying to make me stand. Gracie and Jen both laughed at her adorable behavior.

“Okay, okay. I’m coming. It’s almost time to see daddy.” I told her. Just the thought of seeing Mayson caused a fuzzy, warm feeling to take over.

“Let’s get this show on the road ladies!” Jen said happily.

As we started to head down our spiral staircase I could hear all our guests and it made me beyond happy that everyone was here to celebrate with us, on such a special day.

My little lovebug was doing back flips as well.

___

I can honestly say that today had to be one of the best days of my life. It was such a great feeling to have all our friends and family around us, not only congratulating us but celebrating us as well. Everything went perfectly and I wouldn’t change one single thing.

I can’t wait to see how our life we continue to get better from here, and I can’t wait to see our family continue to grow.

They say everything happens for a reason, and I believe that wholeheartedly. If it wasn’t for all the bad that happened prior to MariBelle’s arrival I’m not sure if I would be appreciating all the good that I’m benefiting now. And that’s something I’ll never be able to repay my children. They brought their father and me closer and as a result we have our little family and our little home.

I guess that’s the funny thing about children. They are one of the hardest part of your life when you aren’t ready, but they make everything in your life so much more exciting and meaningful. I’m not saying motherhood is for everyone, but for those strong mothers and fathers out there willing to do anything for their children, you deserve the world.

My children and husband have taught me to be a better and a stronger person. And that’s what has taken me from a broken heart to and unbreakable person.

… The End.

[END OF UNBREAKABLE]

Thank you to everyone who has continued to stay on board with the rollercoaster of a ride called my story. I really appreciate it.

Much Love ♥

VOTE

COMMENT

BECOME A FAN

- DeeHarty♥