5MW 4370 (AETO) Excerpt

(Free write. Note that this is a current running idea for another story. Please check it out if I do publish something along this name. And if you would want to read something like this, comment below!)

Written August 26th 2016

You stand in the center of the left alleyway of Alistare Street, rain drumming down on your leather head you drew over your head. Thunder rumbled in the distance, soon followed by a bright flash of lightning which disrupted your green-tinged night vision of the world. Water swirled around your boots and as lightning flashed, it revealed a darker, thicker substance. You bent at the knees, the long tails of your trenchcoat flattening against the ground. You slipped off one dark leather glove, revealing a pale rubber hand, scooping the substance up delicately. You switched off your night vision, plunging yourself into darkness save for the distant yellow glow of a far away street lamp. 

Though it was dark, you could tell by the eerie hue that it was blood. You had only seen blood in the reports you read, and upon seeing it now, it terrified you into a cold adrenaline rush, though it was only a desolate spark from your wires. Your voice hummed, and you stood carefully.