Chapter 4 - The Unexpected Letter

19 years later, Hermione sat on a chair, drinking her tea.

She looked as beautiful as ever. Her hair hung low and loose around her shoulders, her eyes were the same exact brown and her chin pointed out slightly.

She played with her wedding ring, which rested on her ring finger. She could remember every detail about herself and Ron's wedding. She could remember the smallest details like the sun reflecting of her ring as Ron put it on her to the many people wishing her the very best at the end.

A tapping noise came from behind her. Setting her tea down, she got up and looked out the window.

A handsome, grey owl stood tall and proud, tapping the glass with a small foot. Hermione opened the window and she let the owl in. She took the note of the owl and it waited until she had read it.

"Hermione,

I can't stop thinking about you. Even if it has been nineteen years. I wish... I wish you and I had been together since that day in that cupboard.  

Do you remember that? We kissed and you were annoyed at the Weasel.  

I'm so stupid to let you go. But can't you see that I love you and always will.  

I saw you at platform 9 3/4. Do you know how much if pains me to see you with him and his children? 

That should be me. We should have been married. We should have children. 

I know it's too late but... Just tell me one thing.  

Would you have chosen me if I had not gone over to Voldemort's side?

Yours forever,  

D.M"

Hermione read the words countless times before a peck on her hand brought her to reality. She looked at the grey owl, realising it had the same colour as Draco's stormy grey eyes.

She took a quill and wrote:

"Draco,

It's never too late.

Yours till the day I die, 

Hermione."

She tied it to the owl and sent it flying off. She watched the owl fly magestically into the air, carrying the letter and also a piece of Hermione's heart for Draco to keep.

-------------

A/N - Isn't that just... ADORABLE?!! :'D I loved writing this and this is all I'm writing! Check out my other stories like Tutoring A Malfoy! Byee!