Chapter 2 - A Silent Plea

*(This is in the Deathly Hallows when they are in the Malfoy Manor!)*

Fear rushed through Hermione as everyone peered at Harry's swollen face. Herself and Ron stood, tied up, against the wall. The rope bit into their wrists.

They could see all the deatheaters and snatchers looking intently at Harry. Although she couldn't see Harry's face, so she had no way of knowing when his face would return to it's normal state.

"They say they've got Potter," said Narcissa's cold voice, "Draco come here."

Hermione's eyes widened as she realised Draco was in the same room as her.

She had, last, seen him in Hogwarts. Harry had told him Draco was a deatheater but she refused to believe him.

She shifted her gaze to look at Draco. His eyes stared right at her. He wore a suit and his hair was slicked perfectly back. His eyes sent a message to Hermione's.

"Draco!" Narcissa said, pushing him forward.

He ripped his gaze off of Hermione as he was pushed to his knees in front of Harry by Greyback.

Draco stared at Harry intently and Harry stared back. Draco's eyes moved up to Hermione's and she shook her head, pleading with all she had. He closed his eyes for a second before opening them.

"I- I can't be sure." Draco said, standing up and looking at the floor, hoping it would suck him in and away from this.

"Draco, if we were the ones who hand Potter to the Dark Lord, everything will be forg-" Lucius' hand stayed on Draco's neck, probably bruising him.

Draco stood tall, wincing slightly.

"There's something here," Lucius said, excitement evident in his tone and face, "It could be the scar, stretched tight... Draco, come here, look properly! What do you think?"

Draco was pushed to his knees again and his face was right in front of Harry's. Lucius let go of him and immediately Draco distanced himself from Harry.

"I don't know." He muttered, glancing at Hermione before walking towards the fire place.

He stared deep into the fire, avoiding everyone gaze.

"What about the mudblood?" Greyback growled.

Draco instantly looked up and narrowed his eyes as she was pushed to the floor. His mother noticed as his hand went out for her. She immediately pulled him back and whispered in his ear.

"Draco, this better not be what I think it is." She threatened, keeping her voice down.

"Mother..." Draco whispered full of pain as Greyback forced Hermione to look up.

"Wait," Narcissa said sharply and loudly, "Yes - yes, she was in Madam Malkin's with Potter! I saw her picture in the Daily Prophet! Look, Draco, isn't it the Granger girl."

Draco looked angrily at his mother, who kept her face in a sneer.

"Isn't it Draco?!" She shouted, turning his head towards her.

Draco saw as a tear escaped Hermione's eye and sat on the wooden floor.

"No." Draco whispered.

Although no one heard them as Bellatrix walked in and shouted out loud.  

"What is this? What's happened, Cissy?" Bellatrix's voice said high pitched.

Draco's eyes stayed on Hermiones as she looked up and mouthed a 'Thank you'. Draco nodded. Hermione looked up as Bellatrix walked over to her.

"Surely, this is the Granger girl?" She asked.

Lucius nodded excitedly and pointed out Potter to her. They fought over who would call the Dark Lord. Suddenly Bellatrix screamed as her eyes landed on the sword of Gryffindor.

She snatched the sword from a deatheater after stunning a snatcher. She looked crazily scary as she turned on the death eaters with their wands raised. She stunned them all.

"Draco, move this scum outside," Bellatrix said, waving a wand to tw men, "If you haven't got the guys to finish them off then leave them in the courtyard for me."

Draco took his wand and levitated the unconscious men and took them outside. He pointed a wand to them.

"Say it, Draco, don't be a wuss." He muttered to himself.

He fought with himself for a while before pulling back. He grunted and shouted and punched the stone beside him.

He heard high pitched screams from inside. His eyes widened and he ran inside, standing at the door, he swore his heart stopped at the sight in front of him.

Bellatrix had tied Hermione to the floor and was pointing a wand at her. Hermione had tears coming out of her eyes as she screamed and Bellatrix questioned her.

"Crucio!" Bellatrix shouted and Hermione screamed again.

The scream seemed to be connected to Draco's heart.

"Draco! Fetch the goblin, he can tell us whether the sword is fake or real." Lucius shouted.

Draco moved his feet, his icy eyes never leaving Hermione.

"Draco..." She whispered.

She could hardly breathe.

Draco climbed down the stairs and into the cellar.

"Stand back." He said determined.

He grabbed the goblin and took him upstairs, glancing at Harry only once.

The goblin walked right up to Bellatrix and she cut the Goblins cheek. Hermione stared at Draco who's eyes fell to the ground. They stayed there until Wormtail went to check on Harry and Ron.

"Draco." Hermione whispered knowing he couldn't do anything for her, "I forgive you."

Lucius turned on Draco but Bellatrix stood up straight.

"Right we can dispose of the mudblood. Greyback, take her if you want her." Bellatrix said with a wave of her hand.

"No - No-" Draco tried to shout but a louder voice came.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ron burst into the room followed by Harry. 'Expelliarmus' and 'Stupefy' spells were shouted, shooting everywere. Draco joined in and light shot from his wand.

"STOP OR SHE DIES." Bellatrix screamed.

Draco turned around and he saw Bellatrix holding a knife to Hermione's throat. Draco walked forward.

"Don't!" he shouted.

"Draco, stand here." Narcissa said, pulling him back.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on Bellatrix and Hermione.

"Drop them!" Bellatrix shouted.

Everyone stood rigid.

"I said drop them!" She shouted, pressing harder into Hermione so blood appeared on her neck.

Harry and Ron dropped their wands.

"Good, Draco, pick them up." Bellatrix shouted.

Narcissa shoved Draco when he shook his head. He narrowed his eyes at his mother before picking the wands up. His eyes fixed onto the blade on Hermione's neck again.

There was a grinding noise above them and they looked up to see the chandelier falling. Bellatrix threw Hermione and moved out of the way. The chandelier fell right on top of Hermione, pieces flew everywhere. Draco felt a piece of glass cut deep into his face.

Harry took the wands from Draco as Narcissa pulled Draco away. He could see Ron pull Hermione out of the wreckage, blood flowing down her face.

Then he blacked out.