Chapter 3 - Love in War

(This is during the Hogwarts Battle!)

Before Hermione could think she flung herself at Ron, kissing him full on the mouth. He dropped the basilisk fangs and kissed her back.

It was good but not great, in other words, not like Draco's kiss. They broke apart as Harry shouted at them.

Hermione turned pink as she burned up when Harry frowned at them, muttering something about a 'bloody war going on'.

They walked in front of the Room of Requirement thinking "I need the place where everything is hidden." a door appeared and they didn't hesitate to go in.

They came to strange place. The atmosphere was blue and countless things were stowed and placed everywhere. It would take them ages to find a horcrux, the diadem.

They walked and Hermione's eyes fell onto a cabinet. It was the same cabinet that Draco was fixing.

"Ron," Hermione stopped, guilt taking over, "Ron about that kiss... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... Ron I think I like someone else. I'm so sorry Ron."

Harry had walked on forward away from eye sight, only determination showed on his face and tone.

"Why did you kiss me then?" Ron asked, turning away from her.

"I... I don't know Ron." Hermione stuttered.

"Who do you like?" He asked, confused.

"Draco." Hermione answered.

"Hermione that's..." Ron was lost for words.

They could hear muffled voices. Frowning Hermione and Ron ran forwards, suddenly worried.

"Harry? Are you talking to someone?" Ron asked aloud.

"Descendo." A voic shouted and a whole load of junk fell infront of Ron and Hermione.

They heard voices again. Growing more and more suspicious they stood there. Then Hermione recognised the voice. Draco.

She slinked away silently and ran the other way. Ron didn't notice her. She ran and ran until she could see Harry facing Crabbe, Goyle and as she thought, Draco.

"It's that mudblood! Avada Kedavra!" Crabbe said.

Hermione dived at the side, avoiding the killing curse, and her eyes met Draco's for a second as she lay on the junk around her. She could see the fury in his eyes and face.

"You idiot! Don't kill her! Don't touch her!" He shouted, pushing him and he fell.

"I don't have to take orders from you, Draco! You an' your dad's finished." He shouted back, standing up.

Harry sent a stunning spell at Crabbe who fell down again and knocked Draco's wand away. An 'Expelliarmus' spell sent Goyle's wand flying away from him.

"Harry!" Hermione screamed a terrified scream.

There was a huge fire coming from behind him and Ron ran at the front as Crabbe followed, fire shooting out of his wand. Harry couldn't control the fire with a simple 'augumenti' so they ran for their life.

Hermione saw Draco lug Goyle's body and they ran too. The fire seemed to be getting bigger by the second.

"Here!" Harry shouted, grabbing a broom.

They got into it and Hermione looked for Draco, who had manage to vanish from her eye sight.

"Where's Draco?" She exclaimed.

She spotted him and went straight for him. Harry went after her. Hermione pulled Draco onto her broom. He kept saying sorry but she ignored him, her eyes trained on the door. One thought ran through her head:

'I have to get out of here.'

They finally got to the door and fell on the floor. The door shut with a bang and the fire stayed in. They panted lying on solid floor.

Harry immediately pierced the horcrux, falling down.

"Come on!" Ron said, grabbing Hermione's hand.

They got Harry up, quickly and ran, although Draco grabbed her hand.

"Who's side are you on, Malfoy?" She asked.

He hesitated and after glaring at him, Hermione ran after Ron and Harry.

-------- 

(A/N - this part was not in the book, it was in the film though. Ima write it anyway ;D)

"No!" 

"No!" 

"Harry! HARRY!"

Hermione, Ron and Ginny screamed out loud as Harry was lowered onto the ground at Voldemort's feet.

Hermione screamed out loud, unable to control herself. Harry couldn't be dead! He just couldn't! He was their only hope!

"Silence!" Voldemort raised a hand and they were forced back.

Tears fell silently on to the ground in front of Hermione, one hand still raised foe Harry, and her eyes stayed on his unmoving figure.

"Harry Potter is dead. Join me now or be killed." Voldemort said, raising his arm.

"Draco." A pained voice called out.

It was Mrs Malfoy, tears streaked down her face as she beckoned her son to come forward to the dark side.

Hermione turned her gaze to Draco who was staring at her. She narrowed her eyes, watching him as her anger grew into something she has never felt.

He closed his eyes, sighed and opened them. He walked forward and joined his parents.

Hermione's anger was on tipping point. She glared venomously at him.

"HARRY? WHERE'S HARRY?"