CHAPTER 1, DAY 1

TITANIC

PRESENT

OLD ROSE CARTER NARRATING

It’s been 101 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint.  The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept. Titanic was called the “Ship of Dreams”. And it was. It really was.

FLASHBACK

APRIL 10, 1912

SOUTHAMPTON, UK

Unbelievable. Grateful. Excitement.

These are one of the verbs they can used to describe how they felt if you’re one of the very first passengers of the very first largest and greatest ship at that time- Titanic and is known for “unsinkable structure ship”.

Everyone’s excited for its very first sail. Passengers keep coming on their way to the White Star Line Pier which you can see different kinds of people in society, the first class or the rich people up until to the third class people.

“All third-class passengers with a forward berth, this way please! This que! Right here!” a man shouted organizing baggage to the hold(a part of the ship where the baggage must put).

A carriage came on the way whilst horning, sign to people to move aside. A beautiful lady came out first, Ms. Rose Dewitt Bukater, from the first class, followed by her mother Ruth Bukater. There was another elegant carriage came after their, her fiancé, a rich man Caledon Hockley.

“I don’t see what all the fuss is about. It doesn’t look any bigger than the Mauretania!” she compared as she looks up high to the beautiful ship.

“You can be blasé about some things, Rose, but not about Titanic. It’s over 100 feet longer than Mauretania, and far more luxurious.” He looked away from Rose and looked to Ruth. “Your daughter is far too much difficult to impress, Ruth!” he was pertaining to Rose.

“So this is the ship they say is unsinkable.” Ruth commented as she saw the ship.

“It is unsinkable. God himself could not sink this ship.” Cal expressed with his strong feeling. “Ladies, we better hurry. Come along”.

 “All third-class passengers que here for health inspection.” A man shouted instructing third class passengers about the inspection.

When they reached the entrance terminal, the crew greeted them politely.

“Welcome aboard, ma’am! Welcome to Titanic!”

It was a ship of dreams to everyone else. To me it was a slave ship taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly, I was everything a well brought up girl I should be.  Inside, I was screaming.

**