Chapter TWO. Home Sweet Home. <3

Chapter 2

It was like a scene straight from a clichéd romance movie: the lush green grass kept swaying in the gentle breeze, in harmony with the blue jays’ singing atop the branches of the apple tree.

Beneath the tree lay a sleeping girl... For some reason, her face was obscured from my view. The camera panned in and a boy was also seen with her. His lap was used as a pillow for her head, and he kept caressing her golden-brown locks of hair as she breathed softly in synchronization. They seemed to be both in peace.

The boy whispered something in the girl’s ear which made her stir in her sleep. She immediately sat down, facing the boy.

“One night. Take me away from home for one night….” Her words were like silk, so soft to the ears; and the wind blew them on just like the lovely dandelions.

“Of course, we would be together forever my darling. One night is just a small amount of time compared to the eternity we would be spending together.” The boy placed his hand over hers, and stared right into her eyes.

Wait a minute. Why did those two look so familiar?

Before I could bother my head with more thinking, I was jilted from my place, and my peace was immediately shattered…

Apprehension dawned on me, and I tried to keep calm. The boy was not just a boy. He was the guy I met at the dressing room!

And the girl! She was… The girl was… The girl’s face suddenly came into clearer view, and I saw, with eyes as wide as saucers, that the girl from the dream and I were one and the same person! I was dreaming about me and… and that Robert? I couldn’t even bring myself to mention his name. I could still remember the words I so foolishly have spoken to him.

“Sam. It is noon already! You’ve been in dreamland for half a day long and I wouldn’t doubt if you’ve reached the ends of the earth already.”

So the culprit for my broken dream was my mom. She was still shaking me, it was irritating I know.

I forced to open my eyes jus to feed her contentment. “Me. Awake now. Please. Noisy much?” I squinted at the clock, it was noontime already. I was asleep for that long???

Trust me, I have had a lot of those mornings when I wake up with a bad feeling for the day to come, I really have! But now, I don’t know why but I feel like this would be the worst of them all, so far. My head hurts so much; I could feel hundreds of tiny shrill little bells ringing simultaneously. And it isn’t even considered morning anymore.

I was surprised to notice that my mom was still here in my room. She did not leave me like she usually does. And is it funny if I say that she totally looks weird right now, like she’s leaning on the doorframe, with her left hand placed at her waist. Somehow, I could imagine her doing some gravure poses. Not that it would be appropriate to any audience, not at all.

She was still looking at me. Her gray eyes were staring at me with that inquisitive look I hate so much. Not that I’m complaining now, I’ve been way past that period to even whine about it. But getting back to the point… She sure is freaking me out. Why wouldn’t she just cut it out and tell me what the problem was? Instead of just making me look back at her like an utter mess and pretend to be a fortune-teller yet again. Trust me, I’m no magician.

“What? Would you just get it over with? Why are you staring at me like that?”

Still no response…  But I noticed her lips slightly curl upward. Somehow like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. Now this made me doubt her even more. What was so amusing with whatever the hell it was that she just couldn’t tell me straight out???