Chapter 5- Isabel

*ISABEL'S POV*

"Isabel! Help!"

I run full speed, trying to find her. Branches cut at my arms and face, and my feet stumble over roots. All I want to do is find her.

"Isabel! Where are you?" I keep running, following her voice. Where could she have gone in five minutes?

"Help!" I tunr around one last tree, and then stop.

"Aw, man! You found me!" I laugh at my friend, and then jog to her. "Your turn. Now go get lost."

I smile at Rebecca, and then turn and sprint back through the trees.

*********

"Isabel."

I sit up startled out of my daydream. Mom starts talking. She tries get me to go home, but I just let her keep talking. I don't feel like going anywhere, and I don't plan to.

Rebecca's body is still laying with it's back to me. I really want to see her face one last time, but I know that if I do, I won't be able to stand it. So I it here, lost in my thoughts. I feel a cold air surround me, and then leave. I sit up alert, and look around. I bring myself to speak.

"Is the AC on?" I ask wearily, not quote sure if I want the answer.

Miss Hills thinks for a minute, and then states her answer, "No, I don't think so. Are you cold, Isabel?"

"I guess." I go back to thinking, content with the thought that I was just cold; however, I know for a fact that it was no wonder. I know exactly what the cause was, and proof is laying right next to me, with its back to me.

*************

About a hour later, Mom threatens to leave me at the school for the rest of my life if I don't come home. Now. I have no choice but to agree, because I am not spending the night here.

I solemnly walk out the closet door, and then turn back around to What is left of Rebecca. I can see a glimpse of her face, and tears fill my eyes. This may be the last time I will ever see my unofficial sister.

"Good-bye, Rebecca. I will miss you. Forever and always."