Chapter 1- Rebecca

• Dedicated to all the kids at Sandy Hook who died.

*REBECCA'S POV*

12-36-0

I pull down on my lock, and open my locker.  I reach in, grab my earphones and History book, and shut my locker.

I start to walk away when someone taps me on the shoulder.  I spin on my heel, and look at the person standing behind me.

"Wait up."  Isabel says, and turns back to her locker.  "Where are we going again?  Technology?  Then what?"

"Technology, then History."  I state, then turn and walk away.  I turn the corner, and stop.  I peek back behind the corner, and see Isabel walking down the hallway.  I wait for Isabel to turn the corner. She turns, and I jump into her face, scaring the living daylights out of Isabel.

"Goodness, Rebecca! Stop doing that. It's not funny."  I stare at Isabel, and then we both burst out laughing.  This is something that only Isabel and I can do, and I think that it will always stay that way.

We continue walking down the hallway, and stop at the computer lab door.  "Ready?"

Isabel nods, and we both immediately put on our straight faces.  I open the door, and we walk in and take our seats.  Our teacher, Miss Hill, put us next to each other to keep us in our seats.  I log onto my computer, and start working on our previous assignment.  I felt a sudden breeze, and shivered.  I shook it off, and continued working. 

About 15 minutes had passed before the intercom went off in the room.  We all quieted, and looked expectantly at the ceiling, waiting for any noise. I felt the breeze come by again, and shivered.  A high pitched scream came from the intercom, and then a gunshot was heard.

The intercom went dead.