Chapter 6 - All I want for Christmas is you

Chapter 6 has also been completely re-written along with chapter 5.

I hope you enjoy.

Merry Christmas!

COMMENT 📝
VOTE☑️
Thanks 🙏🏼

________________
SHANTEL'S POV
__________________

I called Preston right away but couldn't hear him over the noise. But he did text me back.

I asked him where Syon was and his said with his friend's wife Raelynn and her kids until he was ready to leave, he was just hanging with the guys.

I relaxed at Rae's name, I knew it wasn't a coincidence he said Raelynn and Syon claims to have found her dad.

But I've never questioned Preston about his friends he mostly only ever talks about Chase and his brother. And I've only met chase.

"Evan?" I repeated once more in a whisper after not hearing a response the first time.

I just sat quietly listening to laboured breathing.

I should have been more alarmed but I knew it was him.

I knew my baby was safe.

I could have hung up and called Preston but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

After all these years, this is the closest I have been to him. I couldn't hang up. I knew the day would come when I would pay for showing Syon who her father is.

I hid her true identity from her, the only thing I ever showed her was a picture of Evan and told her it was our secret. Preston had no idea.

Everytime she asked, I just told her I couldn't find him.

How was I to say,he didn't want you.

After the day I stormed out of the house on the Radleys, I never turned back. Bryce came after me but I told him I was no longer his responsibility to go and take care of his family and I would be ok. I no longer wanted them to interfere in my life. At the hands of that family I've suffered the two biggest heartache life could have offered and at the hands of that family I also received my biggest blessing.

It was bittersweet but I needed to learn to lean on my own and become my own person. Without them.

I also couldn't be around Evan again.

Wesley and I never worked out.

I broke up with him that same day and apologized for the pain I caused him.

But I needed to work on myself.

It seems I got myself in a mess with two guys at once because I wanted to be loved and took it from anyone who gave it to me.

I needed to love myself first, to understand true love when it came along.

That unconditional love that Tatiyana gave to me and that I am not capable of giving to those close to my heart.

I continue to slip on my addidas sweatshirt over my bed hair to get ready to pick up Syon.