Chapter 3 - Shot by Cupid

Girl if I told you I love you
That doesn't mean that I don't care, oooh
And when I tell you I need you
Don't you think that I'll never be there, ooooh

Baby I'm so tired of the way you turn my words into
Deception and lies
Don't misunderstand me when I try to speak my mind
I'm only saying what's in my heart

Cupid doesn't lie
But you won't know unless you give it a try
Oh baby, true love
won't lie but we won't know unless we give it a try
give it a try

- 112

__________________
Cara's P.O.V
__________________

Once I was satisfied with my face I went and sat with everyone else just lounge around, eat and talk, and have fun until the doorbell rang and Quinn went to get it.

A smile started to form on my face. Thank god my husband is finally here, he's the only person missing.

"Hey everyone, look who made it!" Quinn says coming into the room with Preston and his daughter Syon.

Everyone goes over and starts to hug them, I do as well but not before looking behind them for Evan.

I sit back down looking at everyone having a great time except me.

Syon runs over to play with Lee, Lynn, Mir, and Mari. As Rayin was sitting next to Elena texting, I cringe just thinking about how the little princess we all loved is gone and this little teenager filled with nothing but attitude has replaced her. When all the kids would come over for the weekend. I used to be able to depend on her to help me out while Evan is gone. But those days are over. She rarely comes over anymore because she always has a sleepover or something going on for the weekends.

Rush was his on laptop and Ryder was sitting in a corner with no electronics and Blay annoying him since he's on punishment for bringing a huge cow up the stairs to the principal's office and left him in there.

Bryce then came and ushered them out to where the guys were so he could keep an eye on them.

Rayin now had the worst attitude, Rush has no care in the world if it is of no interest to him, and Ryder has no care for authority. I pray our children are nothing like them at 13 years old, or I might have to agree on no children with Evan.

"Mrs. Radley?" someone says from behind us in a deep voice.

Rae, and I both turned around. I almost broke my freaking neck.

I giggle along with Rae to cover up my embarrassment and turn back to the table.

I totally forgot Ethan was missing as well. But he wasn't supposed to be back today so I guess that's why Quinn wasn't paying attention.

"Rae I think someone is calling you." I tell Rae, obviously playing along seeing that he was trying to surprise Quinn.

"Aren't you Mrs. Radley too?" Rae asks me.

"Yeah but we all know that's not Evan." Quinn snicker.

I sunk in my chair not finding it funny but quickly straighten up and hide my feelings after I saw Elena giving me knowing look.

I look at her along with Rae in efforts to brush it off so she doesn't start questioning me about her son.. "I think someone is calling you?" we laugh at the face she made knowing she doesn't go by that name and haven't gone by it for years.

"Well that only leaves one person." Rae smiles and everyone turns to look at Quinn.

"Ohhh Mrs. Radley! Are you just going to ignore your husband?" This time the voice wasn't masked and Quinn turned around with her mouth wide open.