Birthday

• Dedicated to Bear

He woke in the morning with a post-it-note stuck to his forehead. Pulling it off curiously, he looked at the quick cursive scribble that read;

"Don't you move. Stay right there"

So he did as the note said, recognizing his baby girls handwriting, he wasn't too worried as to what she could be up to. She always had funny little things planned out.

He stuck the note to his bedside table and picked up his phone, noticing the date. His Birthday. He immediately regretted staying in bed because his girlfriend was probably about ready to burn down the house most likely trying to cook 10 things at once and on her phone at the same time.

He sighed and let the thought of flaming French toast pass him, unlocking his phone and scrolling through, looking for a form of entertainment while he stayed right where he was.

10 minutes later he heard little feet padding down the hallway softly, as if not to wake him in case he wasn't already up. The door of the bedroom creaked open.

"Baby?" She whispered poking her head in.

He looked up from his phone and smiled at her.

"Hi baby girl"

"You're awake" she smiled, pushing the door open with her behind as she carried in a little plate. "I made you breakfast."

He laughed and sat up in bed as she joined him, still balancing the plate carefully. He placed his phone back on the bedside table and took the plate as she handed it to him.

"Bacon and a Cupcake." She grinned before leaning over and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Happy Birthday."

 "Thank you, but you didn't have to." He but into a piece of bacon. "Did you eat?"

She nodded "I made French toast."

He chucked to himself and continued to eat his bacon. Once finished, his girlfriend pulled out a cigarette lighter and lit the candle sticking out of the cupcake.

He laughed as she very lamely sang him a small rendition of happy birthday and told him to make a wish.

He closed his eyes and blew out the candle. The cupcake was split in half and shared between the two.

"One more surprise." She smiled, bending down and pulling a small box from under the bed. She handed it to him and smiled.

He cautiously looked at her before removing the lid of the pokadot box, to find a necklace, similar to the one he had lost in a fight with his brother, a waterproof leather-looking chain and a silver cross hanging from it.

"I love it," he smiled "thank you so much baby."

"Anything for my Bear" she kissed him softly "Happy Birthday."