Cookies

• Dedicated to Chocolate

She was dancing around the kitchen in her nighty, not bothered to get changed seeing as she hadn’t had work today and hadn’t planned on going anywhere.

She was waiting for her boy to get home; he had been working the midnight shift and had stayed back later than expected to help with a few things that needed to be done, he’d sent her a text letting her know he’d be home around mid-day because he had to run a few errands after he left work, so naturally she thought she would surprise him.

She grabbed a spoon and began to roll spoonfuls of the cookie dough she had just finished mixing into balls and put them onto a tray to go into the oven.

The music was up loud, like it usually was when she was baking, so loud that she didn’t hear the front door open, or her boy call out from the hallway.

“Baby?” he asked, noticing the music and the smell of cookie dough in the house “Babe!”

She didn’t answer, she just kept swaying her hips to the music and he laughed, pulling off his hat and throwing it onto the counter, grabbing her hips and pulling her in close to him. “Boo.”

She squealed, dropping the spoon onto the counter and laughed as he squeezed her hips.

“I didn’t think you’d be home for another 20 minutes or so.” She giggled and he rocked them back and form, his arms wrapping tightly around her hips

“I got out early,” he whispered kissing her neck “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“I am but I’m not finished with your surprise.” She whined

He laughed and kissed her cheek “I’m not peeking.”

“You know what it is” she giggled, slapping his shoulder gently “You can help me clean up now your home.”

He grabbed the bowl and spoon and dumped it in the washing machine quickly, before backing her up against the counter and kissing her roughly. “How long will those take to cook?”

She opened her mouth but the timer on the oven beat her too it.

“Well isn’t that just great timing” he winked, he grabbed the tray out of the oven and placed the cookies on a cooling rack, before picking his girl up by her thighs and laying them back on the lounge a few feet away from the kitchen.

“I love you, I love you, I love you” he murmured in between rough kisses “God, I love you.”

“I love you too baby.” She replied, holding his face in her small hands “So, so much.”

She grabbed her hand and admired the shining small diamond ring on her finger, kissing it gently and smiling up at his girl.

“So, so much” she repeated, kissing him again.