After Break

The break was just what everyone needed. Spirits are high once again. The excitement is evident among the men. My father told them today that we are leaving shortly for the Great Battle. Everyone had assumed with all the training, but having it confirmed by the leader of the light makes the reality sink in. It's funny how men get excited for battle, even though we all know death and destruction will be the outcome. 

Once in awhile, I have a vision of one of our men dying. It pains me not to tell them. However, I know if I offered a warning they would still go to the battle with a smile on their face. Dying in battle is the greatest achievement for a warrior. I have had no new insight on what is expected of me to save us. My father reminded me that I needed to trust in my gift and trust in the gods. The sign will come in time. I hope he is correct. He always gives me these reminders when I need them the most. I hate that I am doubted myself. The thought of a world without light elves leaves me with a deep sadness in my soul. I hope I am somehow able to come through in the end. 

 We only have two weeks left before the Great Battle. We'll be leaving soon to set up camp, which in theory should give us the advantage. At this point we can use any extra help we can get.