Orphaned 5

Orphaned

Matt hasn't spoken to me the whole ride to the agency!

Since the house is gone im going to have to sleep at the agency and since matt doesn't want me to be alone, he's sleeping there too.

We got out of my silver porche and walked towards the huge grey building that was the agency.

Two men in bell hop uniforms came out and I threw the keys to one of them. They were the agency workers. They were the ones who did all the things liked cleaning and bringing the bags in.

I helped matt up the stairs since he was still in pain. We walked up to our parents' old office and began cleaning it out.

Our parents shared an office. They shared everything.

"You clear the desks and ill clear the safe" I said to matt. He walked over to one of the desks and started picking up some of the files and junk left on it.

I turned to the painting of ships on the wall. It was my favourite painting in the room. It just had a sense of peace and quiet. Listening to the waves. Smelling the salty sea air.

It just always appealed to me.

I lifted it away to uncover the door to a safe. I looked around to make sure nobody was looking and then looked at matt. Since matt wasn't an agent or anything, he's not aloud to know the combination.

He wasn't looking so I punched the code into the keypad. 1-6-1-1-9-9-6.

It was my birthday. 16th of January 1996.

The door swung open and revealed the will mum and dad had made when they had us kids.

But there was a letter aswell. Confused, I picked it up and looked at it. It was addressed to me matt and Natalie.

It read:

Dearest Bella, Matthew and Natalie,

If you are reading this then it means that your father and I have died. Don't feel sad. This was how it was meant to be. Here is our will. It is the thing that defines what happens to all the things that we hold dear. You will go where we have said. We know that Bella won't like it but she has to grow up and put the past in the past.

Love you all very very very very much and hope that you all live happy lives.

Mum and dad

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I stared at the paper for a few more minutes.

What did she mean? I won't like it? Put the past in the past?

I tore open the envelope and read it aloud to matt.

"The children (if underage) shall go to Mr. James Critchley."

I looked up at matt. He looked shocked and worried.

"THERE IS NO WAY IM LIVING WITH THAT STUPID SON OF A BITCH!!!" I screamed

Matt ran over to me and tried to calm me down. People were beginning to stare.

I calmed down and matt let go of me.

"You never know" he said "he may have changed"

"Jason will never change" I told him.

Are you confused?

Well then let me explain. When I was 12 I was sent on a mission to protect a boy called Jason Critchley. He was a year older than me and was a total pain in the arse. He used to do all he could to annoy me. He loved to play practical jokes on me.