Chapter 3

Zeke's POV

No, no, no, no, no! How can I be so stupid?! I wasn't thinking when I tackled him in mid air. I was just playing around with him, playing cat & mouse. A game all mates play together to bond and usually at the end they either mate or have a heavy make out session. But not this time. This time instead of pleasure, there was only pain. I look down at my little mate but all I really see is blood. The fall really did some damage. I shift back into my human form and run up to him.

"Please don't die, I need you. " I say, kneeling besides him. He then closes his eyes and doesn't open them again. I quickly but gently pick him up, rushing him into the pack infirmary.

"Help! I need help! Now! " I yell as I kick open the door. Doctors rush over with one of the beds and we quickly start to make our way over to the operating room. One of the doctors hand me a pair of sweat pants to wear as we walk.

"This as far as you can go. " one of the doctors, Mr. Phillips, tells me.

"I need to be there though! " I say. My eyes are probably brown though since my wolf is getting agitated.

"Beta Zeke, I cant let you through. I'm sorry but you will either have to wait out here or in the room we'll put him in later. " he says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me or talk to me until he's fine. " I growl, using my Beta voice. He immediately bows his head in respect. I turn around on my heel and storm out of the infirmary. I run into the pack house, bumping into a couple of pack members but I don't bother apologizing. I storm up to my room and slam my door shut so hard some of the pictures I have up on my wall fall. I quickly rush over and pick up the one of my sister laughing and smiling. Her smile always made me feel better even if I thought I would never be happy again. I smile, remembering the day I took that picture.

Flashback

"Zekey!! Put me down!! " Lilly screams as I spin her around.

"What's the magic word! " I say, tickling her.

"Pretty please!!!!! " she shrieks, giggling like crazy. I put her down then kiss her cheek. She lightly slaps my chest and giggles.

"Want to go to the park? " I ask smiling.

"Yes!! " she starts jumping up and down.

"Mom! Can Lilly and I go to the park? " I yell so she can hear me from inside of the house.

"Yes! Just be safe! " she yells back from inside.

"Come on Lilly. We can ride our bikes. " I say and we race to where we put our bikes. We quickly ride our bikes to the park and start playing tag with the other children there. Its soon sunset and we start heading home. We decide to just walk while holding onto our bikes so we can talk and watch the pretty sunset.

"Wait Lilly! Can I get a picture of you and the sunset! " I ask taking out my camera. She nods her head and smiles. "Now say 'I love Zeke!! ' really loud! "

"I LOVE ZEKE!!! " she screams while laughing. I take the photo and look at how pretty she looks in the picture. "Zeke......"

"Yes Lilly? " I say looking up at her. She looks terrified and is looking behind me. I turn around and see a wolf that's a dirty muddy brown color with red eyes. I quickly turn and face it and back up until Lilly is pressed up to my back.

"Ok Lilly, when I say go I want you to run as fast as you can. Ok? " I say, still looking at the wolf.

"Ok Zeke. " she says, her voice quivering a little.