Chapter 6

*Emory's POV*

I woke up to someone pounding in the back of the car.

"Hello? This is the police, open up!" A man said.

"Dawn, wake up. There's a cop out there." I whispered as I nudged her into consciousness.

"Mmm?" She sat up as soon as she realized what was goind on.

She was cute when she woke up. Her hair was a mess and her lips looked really pouty and cute.

"Oh crap!" She snapped. "One second, officer!" She yelled to the man.

"Hurry up, ma'am." He replied, stepping back a few feet from the trunk.

"Don't look." She told me.

"Why?"

"Just don't." She snapped.

I closed my eyes and heard her moving around.

"Okay, now pretend you're still asleep." She told me.

I looked up to see she was just in her bra and underwear again.

She grabbed her sweater and wrapped it around her and popped open the trunk.

"Can I help you officer?" I heard her ask.

"Ma'am, are you aware you aren't allowed to be parked here?" The officer asked.

"Sorry, sir. My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere private to go and this place seems abandoned. I didn't even notice there was a sign anywhere." She explained.

"Well, if you plan to be over here you need to be in the parking lot or somewhere else you can park. I'll let you off with a warning this time, but next time you'll be fined."

"I'm sorry officer. I'll move right away." I heard her climb out of the car and close the trunk.

"Have a nice day, ma'am."

"You too, officer." Dawn replied before climbing into the front seat.

I felt the car turn over and the air start blowing. It was cold at first, but it warmed up after a while.

"Sorry about that." Dawn said after several moments of driving.

"It's alright."

"Did you want your shirt and you jacket? I know it's kinda cold back there?" She asked.

"Yeah. Please." I answered.

She threw them back when she had stopped the car, at what I assume to be a light or a sign.

I propped myself up carefully, trying not to stretch out or move too much. I exhaled sharply at the pain.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I tried to hide the pain in my voice.

"You sure? Did you want me to pull over and help you?" She asked almost as if she was teasing.

"I'm good." I answered, pulling my shirt over my head.

"Alright." She giggled.

"When I'm dressed can you pull over somewhere and let me get in the front?" I asked her.

"Sure." She smiled and pulled into a parking lot of some sort.

I climbed out of the now open trunk, grabbing my sides.

"You sure you're okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed as I got in the car.

She closed the trunk and we continued back on the road.

We drove for about an hour and before I realized we weren't going to her house or mine.

"Dawn, where are we going?" I asked.

"My aunt and uncle's house." She glanced over at me for a quick second before returning her eyes to the road.

"Why are we going there?" I asked.

"Because." She answered.

"Because why, Dawn?" I was confused,  but also worried.

"You'll see when we get there, Emory. You'll be fine. I promise." She looked at me with her silky sweet eyes and her perfect smile.

"Fine, but if things go wrong, this is the end of me being 'your boyfriend.'" I teased, making quotations with my hands.

"Oh hush. It made that officer leave without giving me a ticket, didn't it?" She said, focusing now on the road.

"Are you sure it wasn't the fact that you were half naked and built like a model?" I teased.

"That's not my fault. Well, only sort of." She laughed.

"Yeah, I think that had more to do with that." I laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Dawn's POV*

"Dawn, where are we going?" Emory asked me.

"My aunt and uncle's house." I glanced over at him to see a confused look clothe his face.

"Why are we going there?"

"Because." I told him, not wanting to tell him why.

"Because why, Dawn?" He looked confused, but sounded worried.

"You'll see when we get there, Emory. You'll be fine. I promise." I reassured him with a smile.

"Fine, but if anything goes wrong, this is the end of me being 'your boyfriend.'" He teased, making little quotations with his fingers.

"Oh hush. It made that officer leave without giving me a ticket, didn't it?" I told him.

"Are you sure it wasn't the face that you were half naked and built like a model?" He teased.

"That's not my fault. Well, only sort of." I laughed.

"Yeah, I think that had more to do with that." He laughed.

He had such a sexy laugh. It was deep and rugged. I just loved to hear it.

A couple hours later, we pulled into my aunt and uncle's driveway.

"We're here!" I smiled, unbuckling my seat belt and hopping out of the car.

"Okay, why are we here?" Emory asked again, appearing to be skeptical of getting out of the car.

"Just come inside and I'll tell you." I told him.

"No, tell me out here and I'll go in." He said.

"Promise that if I tell you, you'll come inside?" I asked.

"I promise." He said.

"Pinky swear?" I giggled, holding up my pinky.

"Pinky swear." He rolled his eyes and wrapped his pinky around mine.

"Holy crap, your hands are huge!" I exclaimed as I came to that realization.

"Yeah," he laughed. "Now, why are we here?"

"You promised so you have to come in, but my aunt is a doctor. I know you said you didn't want to go, but she can't say anything and I'll just say you and someone else got in a bad fight. I promise she'll never know it was your dad." I told him in one breath.

"Dawn, I told you-"

"I know, I know. She won't know, though. I'll say you're my boyfriend and you and my ex got into it. My ex was brutal. He once punched a guy for picking a penny up off the ground because it supposedly belonged to him. Believe me, no one has to know." I tried my most charming smile, hoping it would work.

"Fine, but you owe me big." He said, carefully walking to the door.